Software Delivery Lead
Looking for a software coding standard delivery lead with financial experience for a six month contract with extensions in southern NJ.
Client has a mandate from the OCC to deliver information on code standardization for regulatory reporting.
Contractor will need to partner with clients business and technical leads from across their enterprise to finalize, develop, document and report coding standards for all of clients coding. Candidates should come from a technical development background but be able to be the point person to document and coordinate this effort throughout the enterprise.
CANDIDATE PROFILE DETAILS:
Degree/Certifications Required: Computer Science
Years of experience: 10yrs+
Reason for request/why opened: Regulatory requirement
Best Vs Average Candidate Background:
Candidate with experience in a development role in the financial industry .
Project scope: This person will be required to development the standard for a regulatory project.
The responsibility will be to leading the effort of gathering information across various SMEs, verifying and challenging the data. As an experienced development lead, this is not only rubber stamping but using experience and along with consulting to solidify and approve the final standards for senior leader reviews. Overall responsible for the development standard artifact across multiple technologies. Additionally, determining with seniors, the responsibility with owning the governance model for those standards. Another responsibility and scope is identifying the appropriate tooling to automate code reviews and test case coverage. Finally, working with our training department to create courses for developer training on these standards.
We are looking for a technology enthusiast with strong software delivery and customer relationship skills who is ready to help define and lead IT Development standards across the enterprise including the planning, designing, delivering and maintaining of the solution. The position will work across our clients enterprise to successfully deliver the best practices in governance of code management and deployment. A keen attention to detail, strong problem-solving abilities, and solid technical knowledge are essential in this role. Must be a self-starter.
location: Mount Laurel, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 75 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
Responsibilities will include:
- Create and manage end to end SDLC processes across various technology stacks
- Work with SME's to understand the current code development processes and bring them to industry standard
- Establish and maintain a governance model for code development, organization, and deployment, including regular cycle of continuous improvement through enhancing and redeploying standards and processes.
- Lead the implementation of best practices in coding standards, code review and development processes
- Automation of manual tasks. Identify bottlenecks, improve, and implement solutions for better governance of code standardization
- Design and improve team process and enforce technical integrity and standards across a portfolio of complex technologies.
- Document and report quality findings to senior and executive management, project/program managers, development team.
- Assist in planning and conducting code quality audits.
- Establish and monitor development of quality objectives, milestones and benchmarks. Develop and implement effective tools to measure performance against these standards, and to document and regularly report on these
- Define and report on all the software related KPI's.
- Partner closely with software Development, Information Security and associated tech governance teams
- Work with teams to ensure related training and tools are readily available and kept up to date
- Provide technical oversight and guidance on development standard's adoption
Must Have :
- Possess a strong written and verbal communication skills
- Hands-on programming experience in software development life cycle processes and methods including unit testing of commercial grade software (.Net, Java/J2EE, Node, etc.) 10yrs*
- knowledge of continuous engineering, integration and continuous delivery principles and DevOps/agile principles 5yrs*
- Expert understanding of professional software quality assurance and software testing practices and the full software development life cycle. 10yrs*
-Software standards development 1yrs *
Nice to have:
Previous Client Experience
Skills needed for submittals
Any upcoming vacation plans? Yes or no
Has your candidate worked at our client as a Full Time employee? Yes or No
Is this candidate required to give notice - Yes or no
Advanced knowledge of bus / organization, standards, SDLC, applications, architecture & technology-years
Applied Software Development principles and methodologies- years
Continuous Delivery concepts (deployment pipelines, etc)-years
Experience with Continuous Integration and Devops- years
Field experience with demonstrated working knowledge of operating systems, hardware platforms-years
Technology Systems Operations-years
Unit testing experience- years
Previous Client experience- Yes or no
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.