Our Lansing Client has a great opportunity for a Supervisor of Data Warehouse to join their growing Data team. This person will be responsible for the planning, organizing, and execution of IT functions within the Development Center of Excellence. They will work with Business Liaisons, Project Management and the Business Units in support of enterprise strategies and objectives. This position is accountable for ensuring continuity of development of applications, integrations, web solutions, data solutions and services for internal and external customers throughout the organization through planning, technical leadership, and project coordination.
location: Lansing, Michigan
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 113,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Manage the center of excellence operations to meet the needs of the enterprise as well as the support and maintenance of existing applications and development of new technical solutions.
- Oversees the development work (design, construction, quality assurance, unit, systems integrated testing and deployment) associated with application development, environment management and systems administration.
- Oversee appropriate development and support of software such as service applications, customized applications, predictive model applications and service calls, as well as integrations and environments.
- Oversee Data Development Technical Leads to ensure appropriate execution and implementation based on various skills including, but not limited to the Microsoft BI Stack.
- Ensure the consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions.
- Provides input to, reviews and provides recommendations on vendors and products stemming from RFI/RFP efforts.
- Provides executive level and stakeholder summaries on key issues, risks, and overall status of Project. Manages relationships with project stakeholders, team members and external providers (software).
- Responsible for providing estimates, capacity feedback, project impacts.
- Oversee operations in executing production tasks according to a documented schedule that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Partners with Project Managers to ensure the appropriate resources are assigned to projects and that development meets scheduled milestones to ensure project/program objectives are met in a timely manner.
- Partners with the Business Liaisons and Business Units to ensure the desired outcomes and quality expectations identified are being delivered by the Development Center of Excellence.
- Evaluates new technologies in collaboration with IT Architecture.
- Oversees development of implementation strategies for IT Architecture road maps.
- Ensures completed assignments meet deadlines and departmental and corporate standards.
- Establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with co-workers and every level of management.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of enterprise business.
- Ensures staff and supervisor skill development, corporate culture, planning, budget tracking, resource planning and performance management of team.
- Identifies and develops team or individual development plans to build capabilities during the planning.
- Provides staff leadership, management and development.
- Maintain direct communications with senior and middle management.
- Responsible for developing annual team budget, monitor budget and identify budget discrepancies, research cause and make recommendations and corrections.
- Responsibility for balancing workload to optimize the effectiveness of the department.
- 7+ years experience in Data.
- 3+ years management, supervisory or lead experience in IT required.
- Experience within the insurance industry highly preferred
- Ability to understand business needs and conceptualize and implement information systems that support those business strategies.
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to provide capacity and resource planning for team.
- Demonstrated ability to provide creative and innovative IT solutions to the business.
- Ability to comprehend the consequences of various problem situations and address them, or refer them for appropriate decision making.
- Ability to set clear expectations with supervisors, technical leads, and teams and ensure accountability.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Project Management Methodology, System & Product Development Life Cycle.
- Demonstrated abilities in the management of contracts and contract resources.
- Demonstrated abilities in the management of remote and off-site resources.
- Demonstrated abilities in the management of supervisors and technical leadership.
- Ability to work with various development skills such as JAVA, Oracle SOA Processes, Integrations, and application environments.
- Able to work in an environment at a fast pace & with changing priorities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality as appropriate.
- Ability to perform other assignments at locations outside the office.
- Must demonstrate leadership ability and team building skills to effectively supervise professional and non-professional staff and interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to work with and empower others on a collaborative basis to ensure success of unit team.
- Ability to effectively exchange information, in verbal or written form, by sharing ideas, reporting facts and other information, responding to questions and employing active listening techniques.
- Ability to effectively present budgetary and/or cost information, and respond to questions as appropriate.
- Ability to establish workflows, manages multiple projects, and meets necessary deadlines.
- Experience with Data Warehouse implementations
- Experience managing Enterprise reporting and BI solutions
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.