Our client, a stealth startup that is solving medical issues using machine learning, is searching for a talented and self-motivated Front End Engineer who is interested in developing the next generation healthcare diagnosis system with cutting edge technologies.
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
You'll be joining a team that is using and creating with the latest technologies. You will be interacting with your team, Product Manager, Data Scientists and medical doctors. The goal is to integrate software solutions with the healthcare diagnosis systems, all in an environment conducive to productivity, brainstorming, and close collaboration across teams, with each team member being an integral part of the creative process.
The ideal candidate will have a keen understanding of the software development lifecycle, be motivated and dedicated to the goal of providing high quality software that is used to diagnose and treat patients in the real word. You must have a highly collaborative mindset, perform other related duties and "pitch in" where needed.
In this role you will develop functional and appealing web-based applications based on usability.
- 3+ years software development experience
- Experience with cross-browser quirks and compatibility including testing (Cucumber, Applitools)
- Leveraging APIs.
- Testing and resolving performance concerns.
- Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks such as Express, Restify.
- Agile working methodologies - particularly TDD / BDD.
- Experience with GIT, Continuous Integration / Deployment and build environments.
- CSS preprocessors (Sass, Less, Stylus, etc...)
- Browser networking (HTTP, WebSockets, WebRTC, etc...)
- Familiarity with medical imaging terminology.
- Familiarity with medical software development.
- B.Sc. (or higher) in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Master's degree in an applicable field a BIG plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.