The desired candidate will fill in the position of a PL/SQL developer. This person's primary responsibility will be to develop PL/SQL code including procedures, functions, and packages. Other responsibilities include support/Develop Java based web application and application production support.
location: Washington, Washington, D.C.
job type: Contract
salary: $48.33 - 79.22 per hour
work hours: 8am to 6pm
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop, implement, enhance and debug software solutions based on user requirements.
- Write Low Level Design, Unit Testing Plan, and Unit Test case documentation
- Troubleshoot and Fix production issues
- Research issues reported by users and recommend fixes and solutions to be implemented after review by SMEs
- Work on application enhancements.
- Provide fully documented work, instruction, and training to peers, as required
- Manage daily technical challenges and communicate with management if there are any risks or issues
- Keep abreast with latest technologies and platforms
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline.
- Oracle Certification
- Certified Java Developer will be a plus.
- 7+ years of experience in Oracle development environment including strong SQL and PL/SQL skills, creating procedures, functions, packages, views and tables and advanced SQL analytics
- Strong knowledge of software development life cycle and relational databases
- Strong knowledge of SQL Data definition and Data Manipulation language.
- Strong experience of Oracle database design, data modelling and performance tuning.
- Good experience of Oracle 11g and 12c with use of tools like PL/SQL Developer, Toad
- Good knowledge of Oracle job scheduling and windows batch scheduling.
- Good experience with Shell Scripting
- Good Experience of Java based web applications, JSP, JBOSS EAP and basic understanding of Vaadin and GWT
- Thorough understanding of Object-Oriented technology and standard Java development frameworks.
- Basic understanding of Business Objects and Tableau.
- Knowledge of Code control tools like SVN, issue tracking tools like JIRA and JDBC thin and thick clients
- Good Knowledge of traditional waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Good communication and writing skills with the ability to work in challenging environment
- Ability to multi-task the workload assignments
- Good analytical, problem-identification/solving skills
- Self-starter who enjoys working in an international team
- Flexibility, creativity and initiative.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.