Systems Engineer will work closely with all areas of IT to help architect, build and design enterprise applications within a Citrix
location: Chicago, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Provide support for Citrix and Microsoft Server Operating Systems, Microsoft Office 365, Cisco and HP Server hardware, VMware, Citrix, SAN, SCCM, and Active Directory.
- Deploy and support Microsoft Windows Server platforms consisting of both virtual (VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V) and physical servers.
- Resolves escalated tickets and provides afterhours (rotational) support as needed for problem analysis and resolution.
- Maintains and communicates project plan and status updates proactively.
- Perform a series of regularly scheduled maintenance activities during approved maintenance windows
- Document Standard Operating Procedures for the team to follow
- Responsible for deploying security updates and patches.
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
qualifications: Essential Skills, Characteristics, & Experience
- Minimum 5 years technical experience of system installations and administration in a predominantly Citrix & Windows Environment,
- Advanced working knowledge and experience of Windows Hyper-V and VMWARE
- Advanced working knowledge of Windows Server and Active Directory
- Skilled with the basics of TCP/IP networking
- Exposure to SAN/NAS technologies and administration
- Experience using proactive software and hardware monitoring solutions
- Advanced troubleshooting skills to drive to root cause
- Previous experience supporting backup software and recovery strategies
- Extremely motivated with a strong desire to deliver exceptional results in an exciting and rising company
- Candidate should be accustomed with the concepts of "Ownership", "Duty to Communicate" and "Accountability"
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral communication
- The ability to see the "big picture" and scope requirements to the organization's direction
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Advanced with PowerShell scripting experience a plus
- Exposure to Pure Storage SAN a plus
- previous experience in a fast pace brokerage or trading firm a plus
- Exposure to Cisco UCS, vRealize, and vCenter Orchestrator a plus
- Experience utilizing Microsoft System Center Suite
- Design, install, configure, optimize, and administer Citrix
- Min 4 years Citrix installations and administration in a Windows Environment, previous experience in a fast pace brokerage or trading firm a plus.
- this would be the Citrix Subject Matter Expert on a team of 8 Systems Engineers
- Experience with a good mix of the following:
- Windows Server Systems / Windows Systems Builds
- Microsoft Office O365
- Active Directory
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.