job summary: Job Description:
Build new data pipelines, identify existing data gaps and provide automated solutions to deliver analytical capabilities and enriched data to applications.
Responsible for obtaining data from the System of Record and establishing real-time data feed to provide analysis in an automated fashion.
Develop Hadoop applications to analyze massive data collections
Develop processing framework to detect conditions
Develop techniques supporting trending and analytic decision making processes
Apply Hadoop technologies for responsive front-end experience
Develop within security guidelines established
- 3+ years of Hadoop experience (experience working on the Data and Analytics Solutions team)
- Hive Programing
- Sqoop (utilizing various data sources)
- Oozie workflows
- Experience with NiFi a plus
- Hadoop File Formats (e.g. ORC; Parquet; Avro; json)
- Workflow scheduling tools such as CA ESP Automation
- Collaborate with application developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists to ensure optimal data delivery architecture throughout ongoing projects/operations.
- Design, build, and manage analytics infrastructure that can be utilized by data analysts, data scientists, and non-technical data consumers, which enables functions of the big data platform for Analytics.
- Develop, construct, test, and maintain architectures, such as databases and large-scale processing systems that help analyze and process data in the way the Analytics organization requires.
- Develop highly scalable data management interfaces, as well as software components by employing programming languages and tools.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Self-starter who works with minimal supervision and the ability to work in a team of diverse skill sets
- Ability to comprehend customer requests and provide the correct solution
- Understanding of distributed computing principles
- Strong analytical mind to help take on complicated problems
- Desire to resolve issues and dive into potential issues
- Familiarity with the Agile Methodology
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including SQL Server and Cassandra.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc About Role :
In Support Role:
- This is a versatile IT Analyst that may perform work related to applications Support, Delivery, or both.
- Workers at this level solve complex problems, manage work including giving work assignments, and provide leadership to others in application areas of specialization, with minimal supervision and increased latitude for unreviewed work.
- Monitors production operation of and maintain the availability of assigned applications.
- Involves reviewing and reacting to daily performance logs and providing 24X7 on call support.
- Responds to production emergencies (application down and logic errors) within the appropriate Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Coordinates response for critical and high Incidents, System Disruption Events (SDEs), major events.
- Assists users, answers user questions and assists users with defining business processes as necessary.
- Leads troubleshooting for issues and implement fixes to assigned solutions. Is able to resolve complex issues that require significant freedom of action and sound judgement.
- Communicates appropriate information including downtimes, change management, status, issues, defects, etc. to users, IT management and any other necessary audience.
- Is able to present information on technically complex subjects in an understandable manner in both oral and written form. Recognizes appropriate times to provide this communication.
- Programs and directs other programmers in required programming languages, database SQL, report writing, ETL, etc.
- Assists with testing and migrating code through test regions.
- Ensures adherence to appropriate design, coding and source control standards.
- Leads design and code walk-thru as a presenter or reviewer.
- Processes Change Requests and Quality Assurance (QA) documentation for project implementations and support changes.
qualifications: Required Qualifications:
Work experience in addition to degree:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- In lieu of a degree, minimum of 10 years of related business experience.
Job-specific knowledge, skills or abilities:
- 5-10 years as an IT Application Analyst or equivalent.
- Seven years coding/programming, trouble-shooting, problem-solving, logical design, SQL coding, Business Requirements analysis, vendor management, root cause analysis, Enterprise Standards and Process Adherence.
skills: Preferred Qualifications:
- Previous management experience.
- Previous technical lead experience.
- Demonstrated success in leadership of others.
- Demonstrated success in leadership of a portfolio of applications.
- Expert technical issue-resolution ability. Experience with schema/database design.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.