Direct Hire Full Time
We are currently seeking an Engineer who can help us grow, and who desire to achieve a professional and rewarding career opportunity. We offer top industry salaries, and a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, a 401k program with employer match, tuition reimbursement, and much more!
location: Raleigh, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Responsibilities include developing low level embedded software for testing and integration of custom hardware into AV streaming and processing systems. Must have experience with Linux kernel driver development, bare-metal and register level coding, scripting and design using FPGA SDK tool suite. Familiarity with all aspects of FPGA architecture, synthesis design tools, clock management and digital design at the register level is highly desirable. Includes embedded software coding, developing test plans and scripting automated tests based on product requirements/parameters for multiple concurrent projects. Test results will be captured and communicated to engineering design teams and management as required by product needs.
- BSEE or equivalent degree
- 5+ years of embedded software design and test experience.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in digital system design development and integration.
- Experience with Buildroot and/or Yocto and root filesystem development is a must.
- Strong software programming experience in C, C++, C#, PERL, Python or other languages required.
- Need experience with Linux kernel drivers and register level embedded coding.
- Strong understanding of FPGA embedded software development tools from Xilinx & Altera.
- Familiarity with RTL coding using Verilog or VHDL, both is highly desirable.
- Experience with advanced clock management, memory interfaces, DSP resources, and internal memory resources on FPGAs is strongly encouraged.
- Working knowledge of digital control interfaces such as Ethernet, USB, SPI, I2C or RS-232.
- Experience interfacing FPGAs with microprocessors, memory and peripherals.
- Must be able to develop and script automated low level tests for high performance audio/video streaming and/or Ethernet IP based networking products.
- Hands on experience in design/troubleshoot/updating hardware.
- Software/hardware co-debugging skills and diligence in solving difficult integration problems.
- Write and execute test plans; identify, create, test, and debug hardware solutions for product design verification.
- Knowledge of digital video interfaces, especially HDMI and DisplayPort, and Ethernet IP and streaming protocols is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized, computer literate.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced professional office environment
skills: Embedded Software
Buildroot and/or Yocto
At least two of these languages :C, C++, C#, Perl, or Python or other languages
RTL Using Verilog or VHDL
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.