Sr. Software Engineer
Seeking a Sr. Software Engineer
for a direct hire / permanent
opportunity with a major financial institution
in Raleigh, NC.
You will join an expanding dynamic, collaborative, and high-performing engineering team to transform and accelerate software delivery pipelines, with leaders who support development through coaching, offering a world-class training program in financial services, flexible work/life balance options, and casual dress code in an Agile work environment.
The ideal candidate will have a background in Full Stack development using Java, building dynamic and responsive UIs, creating and consuming REST and SOAP Web Services, and working knowledge of CI/CD tools like Jenkins, deployment tools like UCD or Ansible.
location: Raleigh, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: What will you do?
You will support the engineering team in building out a suite of applications including customer facing UIs backed by a large, modern service framework, including:
- implementing business logic to create, maintain and enhance RESTful web-services, and to consume SOAP and REST web-services using Java and the Spring stack
- implement UIs using HTML5, CSS and modern JS frameworks
- contribute to architecting our microservice frameworks that can scale, are resilient, measurable and observable
- write unit tests, mocks, participate in code reviews
- participate in an agile delivery process, and as part of that help size stories and own, research and recommend new solutions
qualifications: Must-have qualifications
Strong skills and past work experience with:
- Java in the Spring stack, including Spring Boot
- RDBMS design principles and familiarity with MSSQL server, MYSQL or similar.
- Running SQL queries and interpreting results
- Unit testing with Junit and mocking frameworks like Mockito or EasyMock
- Building dynamic and responsive UIs using HTML5 and CSS, using 2 (or more) of the following frameworks: JQuery, Angular (6 or higher), React, Vue
- Creating and consuming REST and SOAP webservices
- Working knowledge of CI/CD tools like Jenkins, deployment tools like UCD or Ansible
- Experience with JMS, queues, publishing to and subscribing from topics from RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Experience with web-servers, load balancers and firewalls.
- Knowledge of authentication, authorization of services via OAuth 2, authentication providers like PingFederate or Auth0, and SSO.
- Knowledge of public key encryption, code signing
skills: Full Stack development using Java, building dynamic and responsive UIs, creating and consuming REST and SOAP Web Services, and working knowledge of CI/CD tools like Jenkins, deployment tools like UCD or Ansible.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.