job summary: Business Intelligence Developer Analyst
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing! We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business. Overview The Global Data & Analytics unit offers innovative solutions that provide actionable insights to internal and external business partners and customers that help reduce health costs, improve outcomes, provide financial security and measure/forecast business performance.
Our data measurement & reporting team owns the delivery and support of enterprise data as well as business reporting. We collaborate with multiple matrix partners acting as a liaison between IT and our business end users both internal and external.
The successful candidate will be the voice of the business as a member of our reporting and measurement group, help to translate business analytics needs into detailed requirements using their healthcare knowledge and background, as well as solid data analysis skills, for scrum teams or other development partners.
This individual will also need to support the execution of our Business Intelligence Center of Excellence initiative utilizing your BI knowledge and experience; contributing to the successful implementation of all the necessary governance procedures required for the establishment of BI COE effort.
This role will work in a highly matrixed environment with end users from various business areas.
location: Nashville, Tennessee
job type: Contract
salary: $47 - 57 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Working with business stakeholders from various business areas in requirement discussion sessions to understand their BI needs
- Translate and document business BI needs into detailed technical requirements
- Collaborate with senior team members, as well as correspondent IT scrum teams/delivery partners in the design phase of the project
- Participate and facilitate solution design review sessions with business stakeholders until signed-off
- Support product training and adoption after delivery, help to educate end users on how to best utilize our products for their analytics needs
- Act as the point of contact for questions and support before it's officially handed over to our supporting team
- Contribute to the BI COE initiatives within by assisting with strategic roadmap creation as well as execution with all other team members
- 1-3 years customer facing working experience in healthcare industry preferred.
- 1-3 years of hands on experience with data analysis and visualization using various industry tools, including but not limited to: SQL/SAS, Tableau
- Self-Motivated individual, who is a quick learner and works well with minimum guidance
- Strong capability of translating customer needs into technical requirements
- Ability to successfully navigate and contribute in a highly-matrixed environment.
- Go Getter who enjoys problem solving and creating innovative solutions and vision working with various business stakeholders.
- Passionate about delivery of valuable BI products to drive insight-based decision-making.
- BS or advanced degree preferred /equivalent experience in Information Systems, Computer Science, or healthcare analytics related fields or related work experience
skills: Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience working with Healthcare data
- Strong technical skills in data analysis as well as data visualization
- 1-2 years of programming experience using Python/R
- Experience with big data platform, e.g. Hadoop a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.