Our client, a growing stealth startup that is using machine learning to solve complex medical issues, is searching for talented and self-motivated software engineer who is interested in developing the next generation healthcare diagnosis system with cutting edge technologies.
You'll be joining a team that delivers at high frequency by using and creating the latest technologies, interacting constantly with your team and communicating daily with the product manager. You will also be working daily with data scientists and medical doctors, who will help to integrate software solutions with the healthcare diagnosis systems, all in an environment conducive to productivity, brainstorming, and close collaboration across teams, with each team member being an integral part of the creative process.
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Create web services to expose the deep learning and other machine learning technologies to the cloud. Help Data Scientist team transform the image-based algorithms into production-ready software with high code coverage.
- Work with DevOps team to setup and maintain the CI/CD pipeline and the production deployment of the projects.
- Helps team members grow and acquire new skills. Acts as a mentor and technical reference. Proactively works with business executives and various departmental heads across the business in order to provide advanced analytic data modeling systems.
- Ensures timely completion of tasks, while managing multiple media to high priority/visibility assignments, project timelines and milestone expectations. Creates and executes test scripts to ensure that applications provide accurate results and meet the design requirements. Maintains projects and code in the appropriate source repository.
- As part of a new startup with a highly collaborative mindset, perform other related duties and "pitch in" where needed. Complies with company policies and guidelines.
- B.Sc. (or higher) in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- 3+ years' experience in Software Engineering
- Experience with NPM, NodeJS, Express or other NodeJS frameworks.
- Experience with Python
- Working with REST APIs
- Experience with developing single page web applications (SPA) with modern technologies such as React and Redux.
- Database skills - PostgreSQL / MongoDB / Redis.
- Experience with git, pull requests, continuous Integration / deployment and build environments.
- Understanding of Design Patterns.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to exercise discretion and tact, and protect confidentiality where required.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with highly fault tolerant distributed architectures.
- Familiarity with medical imaging terminology.
- Familiarity with medical software development.
- Master's degree in an applicable field, or equivalent work experience.
- Work independently, diligently, and efficiently on assigned tasks and projects.
- Collaborate seamlessly with colleagues from other technical teams.
- Strong technical presentation skills.
- The ideal candidate will have a keen understanding of the software development lifecycle, be motivated and dedicated to the goal of providing high quality software that is used to diagnose and treat patients in the real word.
- Stays abreast of current and novel developments in the field.
- As part of a new startup with a highly collaborative mindset, perform other related duties and "pitch in" where needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.