job summary: 100% remote position but must be local or willing to relocate to Atlanta or Jacksonville, FL. Scope of work:
Will be acting as the most senior network engineer. The networking team is comprised of engineers from Level 1-3.. This person would be their Level 4 and be the "go to" for the manager for all things the team can't handle. Need to be a Route and Switch GURU. Role is contract to hire, but could go straight permanent.
location: Atlanta, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 70 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Eight or more years of experience in the network industry
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technology field or equivalent in comparable work experience within the network field.
- Significant experience with Cisco (IOS/NX-OS) and Juniper (JUNOS) equipment.
- Experience implementing and maintaining Cisco Call Manager, Unity Connection, and UCCX
- High level of experience with a variety of operating systems (Windows/Linux/Unix/Mac)
- Experience with service provider level QoS and Traffic Engineering is a plus
- Experience monitoring traffic and utilization with SNMP and Flow based tools is preferred
- Multisite enterprise DNS & DHCP is preferred
- Experience with F5 BigIP LTM & GTM is preferred
qualifications: SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Expert knowledge of MPLS and VPLS on Junos
- Expert knowledge of enterprise and data center routing and switching.
- The following certifications are preferred:
- Juniper JNCIP or JNCIE Enterprise, Service provider
- Cisco CCNP or CCIE Service Provider, Routing & Switching ,Voice, Data Center
- F5 Certified Technology Specialist or Certified Engineer
skills: Routing and Switching (Ideally with high level cert - CCIE/CCDE)
One or more of the following - Juniper, f5 LB, Palo Alto
Ansible or Terraform
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.