Mid- Level Full Stack Java Developer
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a new enterprise logging platform along with required reference data system; and partner with application developers and other technology and risk stakeholders for the success of this new platform.
- Be a full-stack technical expert in the area of application event-streaming and logging.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $47 - 60 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- The candidate will be an expert with modern enterprise technologies including Kafka, Java/.Net and REST API design. The candidate will also be familiar with operational data platforms and tools including MongoDB, Elastic, Splunk etc
- The candidate will be working in an Scrum-based Agile environment and be responsible for user story creation, estimation (story points or hours), and other tasks as required
- Our team is empowered to help our business partners succeed.
Essential Education, Experience and Skills:
- Technical BS or MS degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- 5+ years of application development and Object Oriented Design (OOD) experience
- 5+ years of experience core Java development experience with building integration using technologies including Java/J2EE, Spring Boot, JMS, Kafka, Elastic, Splunk, Tomcat, Hibernate, Log4j2/SLF4J/Logback, SOA, Microservices, Mule, Websphere MQ, Tibco
- Experience with building and integrating REST/SOAP Services and related technology including Swagger, Raml, JSON
- Build and deployement experience using Maven, Gradle, Jenkins tools like uDeploy or TFS
- Experience with major relational database and NoSql database e.g. Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc
- Mixed Container and OS Platform deployment including Windows, Unix\Linux, Docker, Amazon AWS, Azure, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF)
- Basic performance tuning and using logging monitoring applications e.g. Splunk, AppDynamics, JMX
- Experience with application security (e.g. SSL, Encryption, Oauth, etc.)
- Knowledge of application design patterns and development best practices
- Knowledge of source control with Git\SVN and SCM versioning practices
- Knowledge of unit testing and test driven design using tools including Junit, Mockito, etc.
- Experience operating in an enterprise environment using formal procedures and policies
- Strong knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle(SDLC) and Agile software development using Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
skills: Specialized Knowledge:
- Experience with service bus technologies including Apache Camel, Apache CXF, JBoss Fuse, Mulesoft, J2EE Servers (Tomcat, Jetty, Websphere, WebLogic, JBoss)
- Experience with Spring Ecosystem including Spring Framework, Spring Web Flow, Spring Cloud Connector
- Experince with NoSQL databases including MongoDB, Cassandra, Elastic
- Experence with cloud deployment using AWS, Azure or PCF, Openstack
- Experience with Linux containers like Docker, Kubernetes and related technologies
- Experience in microservices development with tools like Spring Boot, DropWizard, WSO2, Spark, Play
- Expereince with testing frameworks like Jnuit, Mockito, Selenium, Jacoco
- Experience with packaging and deploying applications using tools like uDeploy, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins, Maven, Gradle
- Familiarity with enterprise systems monitoring and HA/DR using App Dynamics, Splunk, Elastic, Datadog, Nagios, Zabbix
- Able to navigate through complex business and technical environment
- Demonstrated experience managing successful relationships with business partners
- Experience working with global delivery models and with large geographically dispersed teams
- Experience working with support ticketing systems such as Remedy PAC2000/ServiceNow /HP Serivce Desk/Salesforce Service Cloud etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.