The IT Support Specialist will be responsible for providing internal general IT Support/Troubleshooting, as well as technical assistance to external users of internal portals. Provide the end users assistance on how to use the different portals. Resolve any issues that the end users experience with the portal applications. If the issue requires more in-depth support they will interface with the appropriate groups to resolve the issue to its conclusion. The IT Support Specialist will be responsible for all ServiceDesk incidents that are not administrative related and manage until completion. They will work closely with the Network Operations group in providing excellent provider service.
location: Brea, California
job type: Contract
salary: $22 - 27 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
- Participates and contributes in maintaining and supporting the company's provider systems.
- Provides support to external users who require technical assistance or have questions regarding any portal related issues.
- Manages and maintains trouble tickets that include tracking problems and actions taken.
- Provides remote assistance to all portal users including guiding the user through the application.
- Installs new PCs and printers
- Setups company cell phones for new users
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality and integrity when dealing with client intellectual property.
- Acts with honor and integrity, serving as a role model for the IT department and company.
- Respects and maintains HIPAA confidentiality guidelines
- Acts as an interdepartmental liaison between all offices, departments, and committees.
- Performs other duties as assigned including on call support and special projects outside of normal business hours.
- Possesses effective verbal/written communication skills, especially via phone, with the ability to interact with various levels of personnel.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, demonstrate excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and organizational skills.
- Performs multiple tasks efficiently and accurately, have exceptional attention to detail and perform consistent work product validation/QA.
- Self-motivated, self-directed, team oriented, and responsible, with a positive attitude and a proactive style
- Possesses the ability to operate in a highly variable work environment.
- Presents a courteous and competent demeanor to our clients and teammates.
- Preferred Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent work-life experience
- Three (3) to five (5) years' experience with application support
- A+ certification or equivalent is a plus.
- Knowledge of assessing customer needs, evaluating customer satisfaction, analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems
- Excellent customer service skills and remote support. Available for evening and weekends as necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.