We are a wholly-owned subsidiary of a global entertainment company that is responsible for the hottest selling gaming hardware on the market. Our Orange County office is working on revolutionizing the way gamers access their favorite titles by breaking down the barriers between hardware and software using cloud technology over traditional infrastructure.
We are looking for strong Service Reliability focused DevOps Engineers to take charge of the operational readiness and stability of our flagship products. If you are looking forward to working in one of the most challenging environments you can find in Southern California and you love gaming, let's talk.
location: Aliso Viejo, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
Our SRE's focus is on three things: overall ownership of production, production code quality, and deployments.
The successful candidate, will be self-directed and able to participate in the decision making process at various levels.
We expect our SREs to have opinions on the state of our service, and provide critical feedback during various phases of the operational lifecycle. We are engaged throughout the S/W development lifecycle, ensuing the operational readiness and stability of our service.
- Minimum of 5+ years working experience in Software Development and/or Linux Systems Administration role.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Available to participate in a scheduled on-call rotation.
- Proficient as a Linux Production Systems Engineer, with experience managing large scale Web Services infrastructure.
- Development experience in one or more of the following programming languages:
- Python (preferred)
- Bash, Java, Node.js, C++ or Ruby
- In addition, experience with one or more of the following:
- NoSQL at scale (eg Hadoop, Mongo clusters, and/or sharded Redis)
- Event Aggregation technologies. (eg. ElasticSearch)
- Monitoring & Alerting, and Incident Management toolsets
- Virtual infrastructure (deployment and management) at scale
- Release Engineering (Package management and distribution at scale)
- S/W Performance analysis and load testing (QA or SDET experience: a plus)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.