We are seeking a Lead Azure Cloud Administrator to support one of our government programs. This position will sit downtown in Washington, DC near the L'Enfant Plaza Metro.
This is an exciting time to join this program as we are seeking creative and innovative candidates to join our passionate and mission driven team. The right individual will also have the opportunity to contribute their ideas and help drive and impact change at the client!
Only seeking serious individuals that want to be a part of a team and not just their "next gig".
If you feel that is you, please feel free to apply to email@example.com
location: Washington, Washington, D.C.
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 64 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Technical Team Lead of an Azure Operations group.
- Responsible for day to day operations including installation, configuration, and maintenance of systems, software, and related Azure infrastructure.
- Windows and Linux administration.
- Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
- Use ticketing system to assist customers with cloud server issues and status information. Troubleshoot Windows/Linux OS, networks, cloud, storage, application, and firewalls.
- Work with team to enhance the automation capabilities of deployment, monitoring, & maintenance, within the DevOps construct.
- Work closely with team members to resolve technical issues, as well as perform routine tasks such as monitoring, server management, user and group administration, software installation, imaging etc.
- Assist with the forecasting and managing of server technologies and growth, coordinate and manage client/server disaster recovery planning.
- Apply patch and security changes per policy and proactively monitor the environment for patch compliance.
- Participate in long- and short-range technology planning.
- Maintain documentation for configurations, operating procedures, and service records relating to cloud instances and software.
- Participates in change management processes to include patch compliance which also includes Information Assurance Validation Testing.
- Candidate should possess strong analytical and decision-making skills with the ability to participate in technical meetings.
- Bachelor's Degree in IT or IS or equivalent work experience.
- Microsoft Azure AZ-100 or AZ-103 certification.
- 3-4+ years of Azure experience in an Enterprise environment.
- 3-4+ years of hands on experience with Windows and/or Linux System Administration, preferably in an Enterprise environment, supporting large scale server deployments.
skills: DESIRED SKILLS/CERTIFICATES:
- Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions 70-533 Certification.
- Azure Production Deployment & Maintenance Automation via Infrastructure-As-Code in Ansible and/or Chef.
- Experience deploying and administering applications in a cloud environment via Automation.
- Active Directory Administration on-Prem and in Azure.
- Azure AD
- Server Builds
- Patch Management
- Backup / Recovery, and DR
- Scripting with PowerShell or Bash
- Experience working with Continuous Integration/ Continuous Deployment technologies, including JIRA, Git, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Confluence, Nexus, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.