job summary: AZURE CLOUD ARCHITECT
We are seeking a Cloud Architecture professional that specializes within MS Azure to support one of our government programs. This position will sit downtown in NW Washington, DC and is a multi-year engagement!
This is an exciting time to join this program as we are seeking creative and innovative candidates to join our passionate and mission driven team. The right individual will also have the opportunity to contribute their ideas and help drive and impact change at the client!
Please, only serious candidates apply and want to be a part of a team and not just their "next gig".
If you feel that is you, please feel free to apply now and a Randstad representative will be in touch with you ASAP. Thank you in advance and looking forward to welcoming you to the team!
location: Washington, Washington, D.C.
job type: Contract
salary: $80 - 95 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: Cloud Architect:
Enable customer's journey from On-Premise to Cloud in the areas of architecture, operations, development, integration, migration, and managed services. As a Cloud Architect, you will participate and lead technical teams to architect, build out and deploy a cloud solution to support enterprise clients. This will require all dimensions of cloud architecture solutions including:
- Architecting application designs using Azure services (or other cloud providers)
- Building, migrating and testing Azure environments and integration with other providers
- Reviewing/supporting development teams in architecting and designing end to end application and data services and security
- Be the technical lead for application migration projects including optimizing technical reliability and improving application performance
- Integration with on-premise applications, cloud providers or other platforms
- Implementing cost optimized solutions (based on usage, business requirements and budget)
- Bachelor-level degree in engineering, information technology, computer science, or equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in the architecting, implementation and maintaining Microsoft infrastructure technologies.
- 3+ years of experience focused on cloud environments and supporting infrastructure.
- Hands on experience with Azure (required) and other Cloud providers (nice to have).
- Experience with hybrid/multi-cloud architecture with existing customer data center services
- Install, configure, automate, and monitor various Cloud Services (IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS).
- Experience with IP networking, VPNs, DNS, load balancing and firewalling concepts.
- Experience with Security- IAM, Active Directory, MFA, McAfee AV, Tenable/Nessus, Splunk, STIG Hardening and custom images
- Experience with API Gateway
- Setup High Availability and DR environments in Azure
- Ability to architect enterprise applications using Azure
- Understand cloud security for access identify management to security groups
- Understand how to deploy multi-tier application across a custom defined Virtual Private Cloud
- Ability to setup multi-level network environments with Azure
- Ability to design scalable, secure, reliable and efficient technical cloud ecosystems to support enterprise applications
skills: Preferred Candidate would possess an MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure certification (or similar)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.