We are a wholly-owned subsidiary of a global entertainment company that is responsible for the hottest selling gaming hardware on the market. Our Orange County office is working on revolutionizing the way gamers access their favorite titles by breaking down the barriers between hardware and software using cloud technology over traditional infrastructure.
We are looking for strong Cloud Java Developers to help us design and develop server-side cloud automated applications for our flagship products. If you are looking forward to working in one of the most challenging environments you can find in Southern California and you love gaming, let's talk.
location: Aliso Viejo, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
- Implementation of features in distributed back end systems
- Ownership of the architectural design, implementation, and delivery of product features
- Write and execute unit tests via testing frameworks
- Triage and fix reported bugs
- Communicate estimates, schedules, issues and dependencies to technical or project lead
- Define and design integration tests with Test Engineering
- Continually bring new ideas about technology to engineering team
- Mentor other engineers on development best practices
- Act as subject matter expert on specific product area
- Build relationships with other CGEI teams to help improve development process and eliminate inefficiencies
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant development experience
- Familiar with Agile development environment
- Gamer is a plus
- Contribution to the open-source community (ie. blogs, source code, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of Java or Golang required
- Knowledge of Python nice to have
- Expert knowledge of Linux and Bash
- Expert knowledge in both NoSQL and Relational Data Stores
- Intermediate knowledge of version control tools such as git
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.