Sr. Test Automation Engineer
We are looking for a Sr. Test Automation Engineer to join a new and exciting team for a full time role in the Pittsburgh area. Contact us today for more info!
location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Work with business partners, product management, and application development to ensure that developed applications and infrastructure changes meet business needs and deliver business value.
- Create and adjust test design strategies, test plans, and test data as needed to meet changing user requirements,
- Verify software functionality based on the test strategy and test plans created, and utilize various software testing methodologies to identify the decision points in the software.
- Act as a technical lead for other testers within their Scrum Development team.
- Interface with the Product Owner, Scrum Dev team, and ScrumMaster to lead the testing efforts for various projects.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or comparable.
- 9-12 years of experience in a formal QA/Testing role.
- 6-8 years of QA SDLC process experience, to include previous experience in test strategy and test plan creation.
- 4+ years of experience in testing web based applications.
- 4+ years of SQL experience, with strong understanding of database structure and design, to include advanced SQL language query skills .
- Demonstrated experience in:
- Performing cross-browser compatibility testing.
- API/web services testing.
- Testing integrated 3rd party applications.
- Performing in a technical lead QA role on multiple Agile projects.
- Experience in planning the implementation of automated test plans and automated testing using either open source or commercial test automation tools.
- Knowledge of Database design and usage.
- Experience utilizing Selenium IDE, Selenium Webdriver tools, and API tools (e.g., Rest Assured).
- Experience with cross browser testing tools, such as SauceLabs.
- Experience in testing EDI files and processes, preferably related to Post Secondary Electronic Standards Council (PESC) approved standards.
- Ability to modify and maintain test frameworks via Java coding.
- Experience in testing Business Intelligence tools including visualizations.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.