The person we seek is a highly motivated, creative Sr. Software Engineer with the ability to make sound decisions utilizing independent judgment. Emphasis will be based on the ability to lead multiple projects and collaborate successfully with other members of client ATS team, Business partners, vendors and other teams across the University.
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Lead application development efforts by gathering business requirements, developing functional and technical specifications, and designing optimal IT solutions to resolve business challenges.
- Develop integration solutions to enable data exchange between vendor products, custom-developed applications and University systems.
- Practice a good QA discipline, utilize SDLC/Agile methodologies and security best practice for development.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and resolve production issues or requests, assist with 24/7 support of critical systems to ensure customer service levels are met.
- Lead root cause analysis on complex system problems; interact with internal team members and customers; and escalate as necessary.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with business owners, project managers, architects and developers both internal and external to the University.
Typical Core Duties:
- Participate fully in software development life cycle
- Research, design, and implement technical solutions to deliver business requirements
- Identify opportunities to improve and simplify applications portfolio and implement related enhancements
- Contribute to creation and maturing of software development best practices and new technologies
- Draw on relationship and technical skills to act as technical liaison to internal and external clients and to mentor junior staff
- Abide by and follow the client IT technical standards, policies and Code of Conduct
- Minimum of five years' post-secondary education and/or relevant work experience
- Knowledge of information technology applications, processes, software and equipment
- Highly specialized knowledge of a specific technology
- Demonstrated team performance skills, service mindset approach, and the ability to act as a trusted advisor-
- Strong understanding and working experience with Webservices, Tomcat, Red Hat Linux, SQL Server/Oracle databases and reporting tools.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure services such as AWS (preferred) or Azure, etc. - Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to make sound decisions and work independently with minimal supervision
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.