job summary: Summary:
Client is seeking a Software Engineer to design, develop, implement, test, and maintain business and computer applications software or specialized utility programs including mainframe and client/server applications, and major enhancement of existing systems.
location: Tempe, Arizona
job type: Contract
salary: $51.17 - 61.40 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
responsibilities: Job Responsibilities:
- Fine-tune and improve a variety of sophisticated software implementation projects.
- Gather and analyze system requirements, document specifications, and develop software solutions to meet client needs and data.
- Analyze and review enhancement requests and specifications
- Implement system software and customize to client requirements
- Prepare the detailed software specifications and test plans
- Code new programs to client's specifications and create data for testing
- Modify existing programs to new standards and conduct unit testing of developed programs
- Create migration packages for system testing, user testing, and implementation
- Provide quality assurance reviews
- Perform post-implementation validation of software and resolve any bugs found during testing
Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
- 8-10 years experience required
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- large systems software design and development experience
- Experience performing in-depth troubleshooting and unit testing with both new and legacy production systems
- experience in programming and experience with problem diagnosis and resolution
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.