Randstad Technologies, a global and national leader in the IT Staffing and Services industry has an immediate need for a Mid level API Developer to sit onsite in Annapolis, MD to join a highly talented and growing development team.
This is a contract to hire role paying anywhere from $40-$50/hr Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
location: Annapolis, Maryland
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 50 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Develop C++ code for high performance, distributed and scalable applications utilizing best engineering practices
- Define component architecture based on stories created by Product Owner from customer requirements
- Collaborate with other engineers on design, implementation, estimation, planning and code reviews
- Evaluate feasibility of design/architecture by developing rapid prototypes or a minimum viable solution
- Review specifications, ICDs and other documentation related to the applications
- Create and execute unit and integration test cases
- Diagnose, debug, and fix application operational issues in a timely manner
- Assist deployment and production support teams to work through customer escalated issues and provide resolutions and root-cause analysis
- Create documentation for architecture/design work done
- Participate actively in Agile software development activities, including scrums, planning, and retrospectives
- Comply with organizational policies and procedures to meet ISO guidelines adopted by the company
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering (Computer, Electrical, Electronic, Telecommunications) or equivalent. MS is a plus.
skills: Must Have:
Nice to Have:
- Familiar w/ Java (C++ is primary language they use, but some understanding/familiarity w/ java is required)
- TC/IP protocols
- Able to navigate around a SQL database- understand basic queries
- Any Atlassian Tools ( JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, FishEye, Crucible)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.