Sr. Active Directory Admin
We are currently seeking a Sr. Active Directory Admin for a top client of ours in Houston! An ideal candidate will be responsible for complex activities related to system administration and interacting with Active Directory. You will ensure long-term requirements of multi-systems operations, security and administration are included in the overall information systems planning of the organization.
location: Houston, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $10,500 - 110,000 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: ob Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all procedures and processes necessary to ensure the safety and integrity of organizational servers, data systems, file structures, computer operating systems and computer system software.
- Responsible for all activities related to system administration
- Responsible for the installation, maintenance, configuration, security and integrity of computer operating systems and supporting software
- Implements operating system enhancements that will improve the reliability, safety and performance of the systems.
- Performs programming and testing
- Bachelor's degree in the field of Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field
- 3 years of experience in information technology support and systems administration in large diverse environments
- 4 years of experience with Active Directory; must understand the components of AD
- Have worked in medium/large environments
- Familiarity with interoperations of Datacenter environment
- Must have experience with Windows Server 2008 & 2012 operating systems
- Candidate must have design and supported AD as the primary job function (80%+ of all experience must be AD related), not just management of AD
- Experience bringing up an Active Directory from scratch
- Understanding of Domains (i.e have worked with multiple domains and have built domain controllers)
- DNS-Ability to run, config. etc...
- Ability to troubleshoot issues (especially around DNS) i.e Dealing with domain controller issues etc... as well as normal maintenance experience
- Experience with ADFS-Active Directory Federation Services (Office 365) with Microsoft
- Experience with AD RMS- Active Directory Rights Management Services and have the ability to encrypt
- Management of group policies (GPO-Group Policy Objects) and logon scripts for desktops and laptops
- Communication Skills/ ability to work in team environment
- This person will be responsible for managing the AD department
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.