job summary: Summary:
Provides technical consultation and support in the development of computer applications and programs. Analyzes business requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign computer solutions. Develops original and/or complex code or provides coding guidance to less experienced staff. Leads and/or performs modeling, simulations and analysis efforts. Verifies program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs. Participates in overall systems testing. Leads the migration of applications to production. Develops new documentation, participates in the development of department technical procedures and designs user guides. As an escalation point for application support and troubleshooting, provides guidance and direction to less experienced staff in resolution of escalated issues and/or complex production, application or system problems. Leads projects, including assignment of tasks, and provides direction and guidance to less experienced staff. Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees updating and testing of the business continuation plan.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 46 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Creates test cases and test scripts and performs test data conditioning, regression testing and testing validation
- Analyzes, tests, and certifies automation tools application-specific software and performs ambiguity reviews of business requirements and functional specification documents
- Experience working with technical teams and business test teams (UAT)
- Proven analytical, problem solving, conflict resolution and decision-making skills required
- Uses functional knowledge of applications to provide technical assistance in identifying, evaluating, and resolving moderately complex test problems
- Logs, tracks, and verifies resolution of software and specification defects Documents all phases of QA process
- 5+ years application testing experience.
- 3+ years ETL Testing Experience
- Understanding and experience with large scale (long term) projects that may contain multiple components and release milestones
- Candidate would be experienced with testing tools such as ALM, Version One and/or JIRA and artifact creation/review (test strategy, test plan, defects reporting, traceability)
- Working with offshore testers and will require requirement review, daily/weekly reporting, defect triage, and artifact submission
- MUST HAVE -- agile/scrum and automation
skills: -Top skills needed:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.