Randstad Technologies is looking for a Android Developer for a long term contract to hire position in Jacksonville, FL.
location: Jacksonville, Florida
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 75 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Collaborate within multi-discipline engineering teams to design scalable and efficient solutions that improve the modern Point of Sale experience for both Merchants and Consumers.
- Work with product owners and stakeholders to implement business requirements.
- Maintain high standards for code performance and quality under strict deadlines.
- Candidates should be able to provide a portfolio of native Android applications which they have built themselves and/or contributed to significantly.
- 4+ years of Android development.
- Excellent written/verbal skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Proficient with Java and the Android SDK.
- Proficient with gradle (Groovy).
- Proficient with Android Studio.
- Proficient with Git
- Knowledge of MVVM design patterns.
- Proficient with modern testing tools and frameworks.
- Understanding of Test Driven Development (TDD) concepts
- Experience consuming Web APIs (REST & SOAP).
- Experience guiding and leading small team of junior to mid-level developers.
- Familiar with secure coding practices.
skills: Proficiency with Kotlin a plus, but not required.
- Contributions to Open Source projects
- Experience with Payment technologies
- Experience integrating with peripheral devices such as card readers, payment terminals, secondary displays, etc...
- Experience using Android JetPack Components (Room, LiveData, ViewModel, Nav Components)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.