Local Radio Stations seek a talented and energetic individual to serve as Regional Engineer for Sacramento and San Francisco Radio Stations. Our client is a leading American media and entertainment giant reaching and engaging with over 170 million people each month through its premier collection of highly rated, award winning radio stations, digital platforms and live events. As one of the country's largest broadcasters, our client offers a one-of-a-kind experience for their employees and listeners alike!
location: Sacramento, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Minimum 7 years Radio broadcast engineering experience
- Oversee local technical staff (Must have Radio Technical Staff Management Experience)
- Manage activities for a goal of 100% uptime for station On-Air Products
- Hands-on FM, HD and AM transmitter experience (An absolute must!!)
- AM Directional Antenna experience
- Ability to inspect, repair, and maintain all broadcast radio station equipment, including transmitters, antenna's, satellite downlinks, automation system, studio equipment, remote equipment, generators, telephone system and related other equipment
- Knowledge of FCC Rules and Regulations
- Strong verbal and writing communications skills
- Strong proven time management skills including ability to multi-task in a multiple project environment
- Experience in project planning, management and execution
- IT & Network knowledge and experience
- Strong PC skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Experience with Computer based audio storage system, Scott Systems/Google/WOAFR/VoxPro preferred
- Experience with digital audio and audio streaming in Radio.
- Must have at least four years of college or technical school and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Availability to work various hours / days, including some weekends and holidays
- Ability to provide on-call status 24/7 in case of equipment failure
- Must have a valid driver's license
- FCC General Class License or SBE Certifications are a plus
skills: Energetic, Team Player, Self Starter, Excellent Verbal and Written Communications Skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.