job summary: Job Description :
The Systems Engineer will be part of development team for our client's product/equipment. This position will act as interface between Platform, Marketing, Engineering and External Suppliers/Partners for requirements gathering and clarification. You will also ensure high quality demands on the execution, delivery and coordination of projects of the program will positively be achieved.
location: Willowbrook, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 52 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Create detailed systems specifications for ISOBUS, Task Controller and Virtual terminal projects.
- Assist in the development of product plans working with Platform and Product Manager on clear deliverables.
- Defining and documenting sub-system requirements for current product improvement tasks.
- Assist in root cause analysis of software current product maintenance issues.
- Lead ISOBUS and Task Controller development on systems on all vehicle and implement platforms.
- Ensure consistency and usability of ISOXML data files
- Review progress of projects and provide weekly progress updates to stakeholders.
- Make recommendations to peers and direct manager based on sound engineering principles, practices and judgment pertaining to specific engineering problems as a contribution to the overall engineering and manufacturing objectives.
- Prepare reports consistent with program requirements, development processes and recommends processes unique to expertise.
- Propose innovations, creates invention disclosures, critiques and advocates proposals for others, propose and develop new design concepts and IP which will advance product/systems.
- Travel up to 10% to support troubleshooting efforts, attend AEF (Agricultural Electronics Foundation) certifications and technical seminars & conferences.
qualifications: Required Qualifications
- B.S. Degree in Engineering with emphasis in software, agricultural, and/or electrical disciplines
- Minimum 3 years product development experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in requirements definition and documentation preferably for on-road or off road vehicle systems
skills: The ideal candidate will have:
- Farming background highly desired
- Experience in product definition and development of complex systems
- Prior experience in product development
- Prior experience in the use of Precision Farming practices and ISOBUS implements and Task controller
- Prior automotive systems engineering experience would also be considered
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.