Contract to hire opportunity with a large manufacture in the West Suburbs of Chicago, IL.
Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now and in the future.
The Systems Engineer will be part of the cutting edge product development team for our client's electronic vehicle control systems.
This position will act as interface between Platform, Marketing, Engineering and External Suppliers/Partners for requirements gathering and clarification. You will also ensure high quality demands on the execution, delivery and coordination of projects of the program will positively be achieved.
location: Willowbrook, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 52 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Create detailed systems specifications for ISOBUS, Task Controller and Virtual terminal projects.
- Assist in the development of product plans working with Platform and Product Manager on clear deliverables.
- Defining and documenting sub-system requirements for current product improvement tasks.
- Conduct modeling of systems components with MatLab, etc
Assist in root cause analysis of software current product maintenance issues.
- Lead ISOBUS and Task Controller development on systems on all vehicle and implement platforms.
- Ensure consistency and usability of ISOXML data files
- Review progress of projects and provide weekly progress updates to stakeholders.
- Make recommendations to peers and direct manager based on sound engineering principles, practices and judgment pertaining to specific engineering problems as a contribution to the overall engineering and manufacturing objectives.
- Prepare reports consistent with program requirements, development processes and recommends processes unique to expertise.
- Propose innovations, creates invention disclosures, critiques and advocates proposals for others, propose and develop new design concepts and IP which will advance product/systems.
qualifications: Required Qualifications
- B.S. Degree in Engineering with emphasis in software, and/or electrical disciplines
- Minimum 3 years product development experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in requirements definition and documentation preferably for on-road or off road vehicle systems
skills: The ideal candidate will have:
- Background in automotive, heavy equipment, railroad, embedded, telematics, mechatronics or related industry is a plus.
- Experience in product definition and development of complex systems
- Prior experience in product development
- Prior experience in the use of Precision Farming practices and ISOBUS implements and Task controller
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.