We are looking for a Frontend Software
Engineer to help build out internal tooling, in order that our support organization will have the resources needed to deliver the best experience possible to our customers. As a member of this team you will be responsible for new feature development as well as maintenance of a preexisting application.
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Collaborate with other developers, internal and external partners, to create new features and improve existing functionalities where quality is paramount and our users, our main focus.
- Improve quality and uptime for all of our front end applications.
- Build web services and applications that are highly available, fault tolerant and can be used by millions of IoT devices around the world.
- Ability to provide technical and strategic direction cross-functionally, understanding overall impact relative to company goals.
- Set a professional standard for the company by role modeling SmartThings core values.
- Work with managers to scope and define assignments, schedules, quality expectations, and other project criteria.
- Drive key strategic outcomes like reliability, quality and testability.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Proficient working with frameworks like React.Js, Bootstrap, AngularJS, Node.Js or Vue
- You are proficient in RESTful web services, structured development, and design patterns.
- You are opinionated but respectful and enjoy discussion that will drive standards for the entire team.
- Ability to operate in fast-paced, deadline driven, collaborative and iterative programming environment
- Hands-on experience with at least one of the following cloud offerings: AWS, Azure and GCP
- Experience with cloud services deployments, monitoring and production support
- Experience with automated frontend testing
- Cloud development experience in a microservice based architecture.
- Familiarity or experience with Internet of Things apps or devices.
- Eager to learn and share your learnings with your peers
- Customer support experience
- Experience with Agile Development process
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.