Randstad Technologies is currently seeking a talented IT Project Manager to join a well-known client of ours within a location in the Pasadena, CA area. Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
location: Pasadena, California
job type: Contract
salary: $50.99 - 57.37 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
- Completes work assignments and supports business-specific projects by applying expertise in subject area; supporting the development of work plans to meet business priorities and deadlines; ensuring team follows all procedures and policies; coordinating and assigning resources to accomplish priorities and deadlines; collaborating cross-functionally to make effective business decisions; solving complex problems; escalating high priority issues or risks, as appropriate; and recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities.
- Practices self-development and promotes learning in others by proactively providing information, resources, advice, and expertise with coworkers and customers; building relationships with cross-functional stakeholders; influencing others through technical explanations and examples; adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; listening and responding to, seeking, and addressing performance feedback; providing feedback to others and managers; creating and executing plans to capitalize on strengths and develop weaknesses; supporting team collaboration; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Manages large-scale projects from planning to completion.
- Develops, analyzes, and manages moderately complex project plans which include schedule, and resource forecast.
- Manages and monitors project financials for large projects.
- Monitors overall project performance (e.g., on time, on budget, within scope and with quality) against plan and makes adjustments as needed.
- Manages project activities related to organizational change management (e.g., development and execution of user adoption, implementation, and training plans) as defined by the project.
- Ensures adherence to established processes and policies (e.g. SDLC including domain standards, Kaiser standards).
- Drives allocation of resources, establishes schedules, and task assignments to ensure proper project management practices are in place.
- Manages the work of own project team and ensures alignment of team member skills and strengths with project demands.
- Requests and manages internal and/ or external resources based on the alignment of team member skills and project demands.
- Promotes project vision and objectives with project team.
- Delivers individual performance feedback to team members.
- Proactively monitors project risks by identifying risks and trigger events.
- Monitors the compliance of project plans by ensuring team members follow policies and procedures.
- Ensures the alignment, buy-in, and coordination of diverse project stakeholders by building rapport with internal customers, third party vendors, and senior management.
- Identifies and works closely with key stakeholders.
- Provides insight to key stakeholders and project sponsors by developing project goals, setting the prioritization of deliverables, discussing involvement of business processes (e.g. project change management, communication) and facilitating decisions necessary for project delivery.
- Communicates tough issues to stakeholders and keeps an independent opinion.
- Assists with reviews of vendor performance levels and ensures service level agreements are met.
- Assists with contract negotiations with service vendors and reviews project invoices submitted by vendor for accuracy.
- Manage projects in a highly complex and matrixed environment
- Develops, analyzes, and manages moderately complex project plans which include schedule and resource forecast
- Manages the work of internal and external resources to deliver project milestones
- Forecast project costs including labor.
- Communicate with project teams members, involved teams, management, customers etc.
- Minimum five (5) years experience managing project(s) using project life cycle methodologies (e.g., SDLC, process management, organizational change).
- Minimum two (2) years experience implementing large, complex projects in a corporate environment.
- Minimum five (5) years experience managing project budgets.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, MIS or related field and Minimum six (6) years of IT or related business experience, including Minimum five (5) years experience providing project or team leadership.
- Three (3) years experience working on projects or programs requiring the integration of cross-functional technology and/or business solutions.
- Four (4) years experience in business analysis.
- Three (3) years experience working in a large matrixed organization.
- Four (4) years experience working with Microsoft Project.
- Four (4) years experience in infrastructure implementation.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent project/program management certification.
- Project planning and execution management
- Financial management
- Critical path schedule management
- Risk and Issues management
- Vendor and statement of work management
- Project management tools experience (e.g. Microsoft Project)
- Healthcare experience, in particular laboratory
- Communication skills written and oral with range of audiences from technical to executive
- Stakeholder management skills
- Strong ability to work independently within process but without daily physical supervision
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.