Randstad Technologies is looking for a talented mid to senior level software engineer for a rapidly growing client of ours in the manufacturing of integrated electronic systems industry, whose products have markets within the defense industry, law enforcement, and across different commercial applications. The successful candidate would help develop software systems for sensor networks with robust graphical user interfaces, independently creating and over-seeing short-turn proof-of-concepts to sell-able, high quality software packages. The position sits in Torrance, California.
location: Torrance, California
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Develop software for interfacing hardware, performing data analysis, and control of embedded systems.
- Develop and maintain clean, robust, and efficient code that allows for maximum reuse.
- Develop graphically rich and dynamic user interfaces.
- Leverage colleague expertise and existing code base to rapidly develop new applications.
- Collaborate with scientists, team of multi-disciplinary engineers, and customers to organize, plan, execute, and test throughout development.
- Actively manage assigned tasks to meet schedule, budget, and mitigate unforeseen issues.
- Generate and maintain software documentation and provide technical reports
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field with 5+ years of experience, or MS with 3+ years of experience.
- 5+ years of C/C++ programming in Windows and Linux-based environments.
- 2+ years of MATLAB OR Python OR other language programming.
- Strong understanding of application software principles, data structures, and algorithms.
- Experience in a full software development lifecycle (from concept to deployment).
- Experience with revision control tools.
- Experience utilizing various 3 rd part APIs and driver libraries to interface hardware.
- Must be able to multi-task efficiently, seamlessly transition between different projects, and commit to and work under deadlines.
- Creativity, strong problem-solving skills, excellent technical writing, verbal communication, and presentation skills are essential.
- Excellent communication skills to work in cross-functional/disciplinary teams
- Self-starter: the ability to independently develop sellable software packages, from proof-of-concept to a fully functional quality product
- US citizenship or green card required (to obtain a Security Clearance)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.