Our Client is seeking a Network Engineer
to work an exciting project in Alpharetta. The Network Engineer should have extensive experience with IP designs, in a multi-tenant and multi-data center environment with fail-over & high available capabilities. This individual must have solid experience with IP designs, NAT, IP routing protocols (EIGRP & BGP), Cisco products, Cisco IOS and similar operating systems. The candidate must have experience with server load-balancing systems, such as Cisco CSS or ACE, Foundry Server Irons or similar products. Candidate must have experience with Cisco Catalyst switch line of products.
location: Alpharetta, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 65 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Responsible for making technology decisions as they relate to the overall network architecture and associated technologies. This includes (but is not limited to) the IP design & possibly creating schemes to resolve IP & route conflicts, switching, routing protocols, load-balancing and route selection technologies that may include VRF and policy-based routing, policy-based load-balancing, etc.
- Responsible for making solid design recommendations on subjects that include redundancy, diversity, failover technologies and expandability as it relates to the network architecture, as well as providing direction and recommendations concerning touch-points. This may also include establishing test criteria and validating the technology and/or product. Once technology selections have been made, the engineer is responsible to testing, deployment as well as training operations personnel as part of a turn-over.
qualifications: Technical Skills Required.
- The candidate must have extensive experience with IP designs, in a multi-tenant and multi-data center environment with fail-over & high available capabilities. He/She must have solid experience with IP designs, NAT, IP routing protocols (EIGRP & BGP), Cisco products, Cisco IOS and similar operating systems. The candidate must have experience with server load-balancing systems, such as Cisco CSS or ACE, Foundry Server Irons or similar products.
- Candidate must have experience with Cisco Catalyst switch line of products.
- Experience with Cisco VSS technology is a plus.
- Experience with the Cisco Nexus switching products a plus.
- Experience with the HP Network Automation tool is a plus.
- Experience with designing high-available networks, including both system and component level redundancy and the associated technologies to accomplish HA.
- Experience with layer 2 technologies.
- Experience with establishing vendor and/or service selection criteria to make product and other technology related selections and document the entire process as well as present the selection to a committee of peers.
- Experience with technology or feature testing in a lab and other environments.
- Experience working in a structured environment that requires change control processes in accordance with company policies, for execution of implementations and changes to the network environment, as it relates to the installation of the data center network.
- Experience with creating, updating and coordinating the implementation plan for all network related items.
- Experience providing connectivity to systems from one data center to another, involving IP design, NAT scheme, routing scheme and overall architecture.
- Knowledge of firewall technology also is a must.
- Experience with data center networking in a virtualized server environment (VMWare) is a plus.
- Minimum 6-8 years' experience in support of a complex mission critical facility and the associated team.
- Other related experience is welcome. Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) and/or Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP) certifications are a plus.
Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
skills: Skills desired
- Experience in managing a multi-tenant data center environment.
- Knowledge of MS Visio to document network designs.
- Experience with networking virtualized server systems in a large data center environment is a plus.
- Passion to stay current with industry standards, new technologies and best practices through attending extensive training and performing research.
- Ability to document designs and test plans a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.