job summary: AWESOME OPPORTUNITY FOR AN ANDROID DEVELOPER IN ANDOVER!
Will be developing applications on the Android platform that incorporates embedded algorithms to extend the capabilities of the app. Will also be working on the UI for the app.
location: Andover, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 70 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Top Skill/Main Focus:
Android App Development, including UI development.
Seeking someone more experienced who can come up to speed quickly - minimum 5 years experience.
Position is 6 months, but might extend for the right candidate based on business needs.
Will be based in Andover, but the team is split between Andover and Cambridge, so may need to go to Cambridge on occasion for meetings.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- Required technology:
Android (having any iOS is a plus)
Android UI Toolkit
All other technology in job description are a plus but not required.
skills: - At least five (5) years in software development/engineering including software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. The individual must be able to break down problem from abstract and find creative solutions.
- Extensive Experience with object-oriented programming languages (e.g. Java) design and coding
- Experience developing in an Android or iOS environment.
- UI development experience.
- Experience with rendering and signal processing using one of the following: OpenGL, DirectX, Metal, Vulkan or equivalent.
- Experience with AI tool kits (i.e Tensor flow).
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems. Strong desire to learn and adapt to new technologies and challenges
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interface in a cross-disciplinary manner, including engineers, product managers, and clinical specialists
- Self-motivated individual with good organizational and time management skills
- Familiarity with embedded system development a plus
- Familiarity with medical devices and/or working in a regulated environment a plus
- Knowledge of VTK and kitware a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.