job summary: Agile Scrum Master Position Summary:
- This role will play a key role in an Agile transformation and primarily be focused in leading Agile teams as a Scrum Master in Contact Center & Voice Technology with teams that deliver Interactive Voice Response (IVR), Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) and/or Agent Desktop enhancements.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $63 - 73 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: Primary responsibilities would include:
- Leading Scrum ceremonies including Daily Standups, Sprint Planning, Feature / Story Grooming, Sprint Demos and Sprint Retrospectives.
- Tracking & Reporting of team progress and velocity through use of Agile-centric reporting including burn-down/burn-up charts and velocity charts.
- Partnering with and assisting Product Owners and Development Team in definition of Features & Stories as needed.
- Active management of team backlog and capacity that would contribute to sustainment of a high-performing team.
- Partnering with Product Owners, Project Managers, Release Train Engineers and other Senior Leaders as needed to remove team impediments to enable continual flow of work and optimize team capacity.
- Provide consistent and transparent reporting to senior leadership on status of teams work and overall agile health.
- Provide coaching to teams on Scrum & Agile practices and enable successful and sustained adoption of Agile mindset.
- Coordinate defect resolution process as needed to ensure that stories are accepted and software is deployed successfully to production.
- Lead assigned teams successfully through quarterly PI Planning events.
- This role may also be needed to support traditional Project Management functions including:
- End-to-end management of technology projects including cross-service provider coordination of SDLC activities ensuring successful deployment of new technology enhancements.
- Management of project financials including compiling estimates, monthly updates to forecasts and tracking of actuals to manage spend against project budgets.
- Coordination of activities to enable completion of deliverables needed to demonstrate adherence to Enterprise Change Execution Standards and navigating QA and Tollgate processes.
- Provide status updates and reporting to multiple levels of leadership on overall project health.
qualifications: Required Skills:
- 3+ years of Scrum Master/Agile experience
- Knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks including Scrum and Kanban.
- Needs to be expert in estimation and planning and knows how to create useful, reliable and practical plans for software development projects.
- Should be a good coach in Agile practices and can coach individuals and interactions over processes and tools.
- Ability to shield team from outside distractions and interferences.
- Ability to track and remove impediments.
- Good skills to coach team how to follow agile scrum.
- Understand the basic fundamentals of iterative and incremental development.
- Strong knowledge of Scrum theory, rules and practices.
- Basic knowledge of software development processes and procedures to understand team needs.
- Experience with JIRA or other Agile work tools such as Rally.
- Knowledge about tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories etc.
- Ability to handle multiple, competing priorities
skills: Desired Skills:
- Scrum Master Certification.
- PMP Certification.
- Experience and/or knowledge of Contact Center Technologies.
- Inspire others to adopt the new processes and improvements based on program retrospectives.
- Strong communication and good leadership skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to solicit input from others.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to foster strong collaboration among team members and multitask effectively.
- Have a strong ability and interest in working with a diverse range of technical and non-technical teams.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.