job summary: Business Overview: Tell us about your department:
We are looking for mid-level Java engineers to join the AI Enablers engineering team. This team is responsible for delivering the platform and tooling that supports machine learning initiatives. Engineers on the AI Enablers team design and build scalable, high performing data streaming systems that can stand up to peak holiday load. We build solutions that require advanced thinking in challenging disciplines like event sourcing, stream processing, and distributed systems. Project Description:
Engineers on the AI Enablers team design and build scalable, high-performing Java systems that can stand up to peak holiday load. We build solutions that require advanced thinking in challenging disciplines like streaming systems, micro-services, and distributed systems. We work on innovative projects with cutting-edge frameworks, libraries, and tools.
This is a hands-on engineering position. The individual in this role will be involved throughout the development lifecycle for the AI Enablers platform with the primary responsibility of developing data processing applications and services in support of the greater data-driven strategies.
This role is accompanied by career rewarding challenges by the very nature of the AI Enablers platform. The individual in this roll will be given the opportunity to deliver solutions in a highly distributed, highly critical environment by leveraging data streaming and big data technologies.
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $56 - 66 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
responsibilities: Position Overview: Responsibilities:
- Complete assigned coding deliverables
- Participate in all scrum events
- Create automated tests
- Perform other duties as assigned.
qualifications: Skills Overview: What are the top five skills and number of years of experience required to perform this job?
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar software engineer role.
- 3-5 years of experience with Java, Groovy, or any other JVM based programming language.
- 3-5 years of experience with Spring Framework or any other frameworks geared towards developing RESTful API.
- 3 years of experience with Apache Kafka or any other streaming messaging system.
skills: What are some preferred/nice to have skills the manager is looking for?
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in an Agile environment.
- Experience with Apache Beam or any other streaming data processing system.
- Experience with building micro-service applications.
- Experience with Apache Cassandra or any other NoSQL database technologies
- Strong organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and quickly adjust in a rapidly changing environment.
- Team player who exhibits effective interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.