Our client is looking for a Business Analyst in the Akron/ Canton area.
location: North Canton, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 40 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Performs requirements gathering/elicitation and analysis in order to understand current state processes, complex business rules and desired future state; ensuring that the context and implications of the changes are identified and understood by the business and the project team.
- Performs Requirements Management - managing and maintaining requirements and design information from inception to project closure. Works with the business, architecture, development, and test teams to ensure that the details of the requirements are fully documented, communicated, understood and implemented.
- Analyzes requirements, forecasting the impact of the changes proposed; defining assumptions, dependencies, risks and constraints.
- Creates and maintains documentation to include Business Requirements Documents (BRD), System Requirements Specifications (SRS), use cases, use case diagrams and Requirements Traceability Matrices, ensuring the final product meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Verifies requirements by clarifying any vague or conflicting details and ensuring the final list of requirements are clear, concise and feasible.
- Validates requirements by evaluating the requirements with regard to priority and relevancy to the project.
- Works with project managers, stakeholders and customers to validate and obtain approval for all business requirements and related deliverables.
- A 2 or 4-year degree in computer science or related equivalent experience.
- Hands-on experience developing applications, preferably using Microsoft's .Net development environment
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Project Management working knowledge.
- Proficient use of the MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.
- Strong analysis, design, documentation and presentation skills.
- Must be able to manage and coordinate multiple assignments to meet established deliverable dates and project schedules.
- The ability and genuine desire to quickly learn new business processes, applications, skills and technologies.
- The ability to work independently as well as interface and work well with management, peers, customers and vendors in a team setting.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.