We are currently seeking a Project Manager with experience in managing technology projects. It is the responsibility of the Project Manager to accomplish stated project objectives on time and on budget. Key project management responsibilities include defining clear and attainable project objectives, building the project requirements and managing cost, schedule, and quality.
The Project Manager must determine and implement the exact requirements of the project and the Stakeholders. The ability to adapt to the various internal procedures of the contracting party, and to form close links with the client representatives is essential in ensuring that the key issues of cost, schedule, quality and above all, client satisfaction can be realized.
This person must take responsibility and be accountable for the entire project, which will include, but is not limited to, being the primary point of contact, schedule management, cost management, scope management, and quality management.
location: San Diego, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Manage all phases including planning, executing, monitoring, controlling & closing
- Review Project Documents including RFP/RFQ/RFIs/SOWs, Floor Plans and Design Documents
- Provide Consistent Updates to Stakeholders (Internal and External)
- Initiate and Administer the Internal Project Kick-Off Meeting
- Attend the Client Kick-Off and chair Project Meetings
- Set Expectations and Establish Guidelines with the Client
- Ensure that the Project Stays on Budget, Schedule and All Milestones Are Met
- Participate in the development of project planning specifications and timelines
- Control and negotiate change and scope of the Project
- Manage the day to day task assignments, deliverables and schedules of all Supplier personnel
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or a related field, or equivalent corporate or military training
- A minimum of five (5) years of technical Project Management and team management experience
- PMP certification (current) required
- Ability to plan, organize, direct and control work activity demonstrating experience in PMI methodologies and management of small, medium and large projects
- Understanding of network infrastructure technologies; Network Equipment, Wireless Mobility, Data Networking, Servers and Storage, Video Teleconferencing, Audio/Video, IP Surveillance, and cable infrastructure
Value Add or Preferred Experience:
- Experience with external consultants/customer management
- Skilled in Microsoft Suite Tool set including MS Project
- Excellent customer presentation and communications skills
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills
- Ability to travel onsite to meet with client as needed
- Must meet all requirements to obtain a Federal Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC)
- Certifications for technical knowledge and product-specific skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.