Operations Quality Engineers will be responsible for processing and
handling of all product line specific ZHRs, which by definition include the following:
- All customer returns that do not meet product specifications as indicated on the product drawings
- All customer returns that do not functionally perform as expected
- All customer returns due to incorrect paperwork or documentation
- All customer returns due to foreign object contamination or cosmetic damages
- All customer returns where reason for return or rejection has not been previously established or communicated.
location: Vergennes, Vermont
job type: Contract
salary: $28 - 32 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Processing or handling of customer Zero Hour Returns typically involves the following
steps which are explained in SIS-VT 1911 and w1911 procedures:
- Evaluate the returned product after it's been received\
- Create/Update the SAP Quality Notification (QN) record indicating the reason for return and provide a brief description of the issue
- Perform quality assessment of the part, and if necessary set up a troubleshooting process with members of Operations, Engineering and other technical teams.
- Update the QN with quality assessment results and recommend a disposition for the returned part based on cost benefit analysis and site's ability to rework or reproduce the affected part.
- Create a shop order to have the part reworked, scrapped or reproduced
- Periodically evaluate the back log and make sure that all returns are processed within allotted time frame.
- Create a weekly report indicating the status of each QN received and assure that back log of non-conforming materials and associated QNs is at acceptable level as defined in deliverables section of the contract (60 day requirement).
- Communicate any changes or delays associated with processing of ZHRs to the site leadership or designated Quality Manager for further escalation.
1+ year Engineering experience
skills: Basic requirements:
- Working experience with evaluating electro-mechanical parts and components
- Working experience in Failure Mode Analysis
- Working experience in generating reports and providing status updates
- Working experience with SAP highly recommended
- Working experience with MS Excel, Power Point
- Effective communication and prioritization skills
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.