The Senior software
Engineer (SSE) is a member of a highly-motivated team. This role will develop, enhance, and sustain innovative solutions to improve the customer experience. The SSE will implement complex software in accordance with project requirements, UX design, and industry best practices. The SSE will also review designs and participate in meaningful collaboration sessions on how to solve customer problems and participate in determining scope for new projects. The SSE will own and components of the architecture and direct the work of other team members.
location: Hopkins, Minnesota
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 160,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Scrum team to develop the Client's new native software that will be a key component of our product offering.
- Provide technical guidance in software design and development activities. May oversee development team and coordinate strategies amongst teams to ensure technologies are interconnected and product lines are working smoothly.
- Code, test, debug, document and maintain software applications using established coding standards and methodologies.
- Participate in Scrum activities, perform code reviews, contribute to a high performing, growing team.
- Own component(s) of the architecture and direct the work of other team members.
- Ensure new software meets quality standards through writing unit and automated tests.
- Troubleshoot, debug, resolve product issues as they arise.
- Assist in designing interfaces to improve the user experience.
- Support the application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support). Follow established development, documentation, testing and deployment processes.
- Gather requirements and suggest solutions; serve as an integrator between business needs and technology solutions.
- Collaborate with product development team to plan new features.
- Participate in planning and scoping meetings for future projects.
- Work cross functionally to resolve complex customer problems.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining project and work backlog; able to re-prioritize tasks as the business deems appropriate.
- Stay current with new technology trends.
- Train, coach and mentor other engineers.
- Other duties may be assigned.
qualifications: Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university and 4 years' experience or Master's Degree in Computer Science and 2 year' experience; or comparable experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. BS in Computer Science preferred.
skills: Required Skills and Experience:
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Strong experience with Kotlin, JAVA, and Appium
- Strong experience with Kotlin
- Strong experience developing and testing native Android apps
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment
- Experience with GIT
- Experience with AWS
- Experience working in an Agile development team
- Experience working in a Healthcare/clinical environment
- Ability to identify, own, and solve problems independently or as part of a team
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.