job summary: The key functions for the IT Director, Global Applications are:
This person will also work very closely with the Sr. IT Director, Global Infrastructure to determine the platform and business continuity strategies for the global Carlisle applications. Candidates should possess a balance of functional and technical expertise for application and business process related initiatives. This position requires excellent Project Management leadership, business/systems analysis, mentoring, communication and writing skills. The role will need to be hands on, at times.
- To continue to maintain and support, including but not limited to the HR, Financial, Continuous Improvement of our operating system, Legal & Audit software solutions.
- Work with leadership team in IT and all above areas to identify new requirements, help establish business cases, assist in Program and Project Management and provide internal technical support and external consulting implementation services.
- Manage the development and technical support teams responsible for global application implementations and ongoing support.
- Serve as a liaison between the global team and the divisional functional leadership (IT, HR, Finance, COS, Legal, etc.) to coordinate application testing and communicate governance and support services.
- To right size the global applications team and hire accordingly.
- Establish a Program Management Dashboard / executive status report.
- Responsible for supporting internal and external audit for all SOX relevant systems.
- Partners with the IT Sr. Project Manager, Global Applications on operational and M&A projects.
location: Scottsdale, Arizona
job type: Permanent
salary: $160,000 - 175,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Primary Responsibilities (IT Finance)
- Establish an IT applications strategy globally for company and all of its business units.
- Create an applications pipeline, including steering committee and prioritization process for all incoming global project requests.
- Serves as a liaison with the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet business needs.
- Proactively recommends new technology, policies and/or processes to benefit the organization and improve efficiencies.
- Responsible for short term and long term FTE planning to ensure successful completion of agreed upon assignments and schedules.
- Help, define, plan and monitor resource allocation and capacity planning.
- Track and communicate team and project successes, shortcomings, risks, deliverables and timelines.
- Provide hands-on, day-to-day oversight, engagement, and support for an agile team.
- Supports the relationships between business and external partners to ensure business requirements are met, and issues are addressed.
- Conducts senior level business process analysis, creates detailed business requirements, project goals & scope, and other artifacts as needed to ensure optimal solution and adherence to all department and technology standards and procedures including all documentation requirements.
- Effectively communicates requirements to the IT Team for the design and development of business solutions, for the transition of support, and for the development and execution of test plans and scripts.
- Supports and provides guidance for translation of high level business requirements into functional specifications for the IT organization and manages changes to such specifications.
- Supports a smooth transition of new systems to end users.
- Consistently monitors scope of project to ensure the project stays within scope and meets Sarbanes-Oxley requirements. Ensure that Software Development Methodology and Project Management Methodology process and documentation is followed.
- Manages analysts and technical developers daily and is responsible for their career development by providing performance appraisals, training plans, guidance and sharing knowledge.
- Assists with the new systems implementations for Oracle Financial modules. Will need to be familiar with SDLC implementation and management processes.
- Specific applications in scope
- HRIS: ADP Vantage, Cornerstone, UBS
- Financial Reporting: Oracle HFM, PCMCS, FCCS, PBCS, Blackline Apptio
- ERP: SAP by Design
- Tax: OneSource
- Legal: GEMS (Contract Management), Boardvantage, AuditBoard, LeaseQuery, IntelliRisk
- General: Concur (Invoice, T&E), Microsoft Power Apps, Power BI, Dploy, Azure, MS Office
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree required with a focus in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration required.
- Understanding of Database Management.
- Management of a major enterprise-wide application.
- Working in a successful shared service environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to think strategically and creatively, business savvy, confidence to exercise judgment.
- Superior technical writing and communication skills.
- Establishing and monitoring internal and external service level agreements.
- Ability to coach direct reports in establishing appropriate implementation methodologies and stakeholder communication and management.
- Coaching colleagues in cross functional relationships.
- Effective program management.
- Confidence in interactions with senior levels.
- Strong financial analytical skills, budget management and tracking.
- Relationship management skills, cross-functional and external.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.