Randstad Technologies is currently seeking a talented User Researcher to join a well-known client of ours within a location in the Pasadena, CA area. Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
The User Researcher team member performs user research in one-on-one sessions, or with groups, as appropriate, either in-person or remotely and/or asynchronously for both generative and summative settings. They use the information gathered during this research to advocate for use-centered online interactions and drive business decision-making. The ability to collect, analyze, and interpret user research is a critical component of this job family, as is the ability to translate user and stakeholder needs into an effective user interface.
location: Pasadena, California
job type: Contract
salary: $48.67 - 54.75 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Engages with large stakeholder groups to identify research needs and evangelize for appropriate user research early and often in the solutioning process
- Synthesize cross experience findings and results, which may be done by other team members or secondary research sources, with keen eye to inform and influence decision making, advocating for user and identifying trade-offs as needed
- Comfortable presenting to large stakeholder groups
- Conducts user interviews and research, from goals/needs assessment all the way to summative evaluations.
- Using qualitative and connecting quantitative data to inform results to guide and make impactful user-centered experience decisions
- Suggests and pilots internal work process efficiencies that the team can align to.
- Works to build a collaborative, end-to-end engagement process both internally and externally with teams so that user research is a trusted partner early-on and through-out the product development cycle in reflecting consumer and business values.
- Advocates for meaningful use even when it might not be popular.
- Utilizes/Draws from personas to carry out research and heuristic analysis.
- Writes, moderates and reports on usability studies using established testing methodologies and configurations.
- Creates test plans for straight-forward and complex projects.
- Evaluates and integrates feedback from stakeholders to create moderators guides for testing.
- Works independently and/or with stakeholders to create participant recruiting screeners.
- Conducts qualitative and quantitative analysis of testing results using standard methodologies.
- Develops recommendations based on test results. Reports on test results.
- Conducts and coordinates Usability tests using standard and best practice testing methodologies and configurations.
- Coordinates testing logistics including recruiting, incentives, parking validation, locations (room scheduling, may be multiple locations, or outside vendor). Sets up and tears down usability lab and observation room(s) including configuring the software and computer hardware (camera, laptop, networking, cables, etc.). Recruits participants as needed. Manages overall experience of participants- escorting them to and from the testing room and handling incentives.
- Provides support for creating test stimuli - producing cards for card sorts, basic HTML clickpaths, or paper prototypes. Arranges testing materials - ensuring that there are an appropriate number of collated copies of moderator's guides and participant demographics for the test and observation rooms.
- Adheres to our compliance practices for user and data protection.
- Strong ability to be self-organized and proactive in suggesting and bringing about positive change.
- Ability to juggle multiple, concurrent projects and collaborate toward maturing the user research processes for the team.
- Minimum three (3) years of digital experience moderating usability tests with large team and/or stakeholder engagement.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Experience in computer and/or Web programming preferred.
- Web design experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, with an experimental and/or UI design related bend (e.g., social sciences) preferred.
- Proficiency in prototyping tools and its uses preferred.
- Experience designing usability tests, analyzing results and forming recommendations based on those results.
- Strong knowledge of user-centered design principles, best practices, and heuristics.
- Advanced use of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Proficient using Microsoft Visio.
- Proficient with Web design/coding best practices.
- Working knowledge of policies, practices and systems.
- Frequent use and general knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards.
- Full use and general application of standard principles, theories, concepts, and techniques.
- Deep knowledge of online design principles, trends, competition, technical limitation in order to design products and relationships between suites of related products appropriately.
- A detailed knowledge of the Web development process.
- Proficient with setting up, installing and configuring computer hardware and software.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Clear communication in a consensus driven environment, enabling teams to understand your perspective and recommendations
- Ability to work well in a large team environment, no egos!
- Works independently and proactively
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.