Randstad Technologies is currently seeking a talented Data Management Specialist to join a well-known client of ours within a location in the Pleasanton, CA area. Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
The data management specialist will be responsible for developing and supporting data management framework, processes, and best practices. As part of the Chief Data Office, the individual will collaborate with business and technology partners to define and implement data management and governance infrastructure. The success of this role is dependent on an understanding of complex data environments, the ability to influence and lead, and being able to partner with teams to enable capabilities.
location: Pleasanton, California
job type: Contract
salary: $62.18 - 69.95 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- DATA KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE - Experience and comfort with complex data environments and associated technology and analytics infrastructure needed to support these environments. History of successfully leading complex data initiatives or projects.
- DATA MANAGEMENT FRAMEWORK AND PROCESS DEVELOPMENT - Passion for solving complex data problems and willingness to champion the best fit solution. Creates / defines framework and process flows related to data management / data governance activities such as metadata management and tagging, data quality, data cataloging, reference data management, master data management, and information life cycle management.
- TEAM LEADERSHIP - Ability to maintain dual focus on high-level strategy and tactical/technical details. Provides guidance, organization, and oversight for team members related to assigned projects and tasks. Clearly communicates statuses and issues to leaders within the scrum team as well as across teams. Collaborates with others to drive work to completion.
- DATA MANAGEMENT ACTIVITIES - Supports and completes stewardship and management of data assets including data quality, tagging, catalog population, requirements intake, etc.
- DOCUMENTATION & CROSS-TRAINING - Improves team documentation and project planning to facilitate intra-team cross training and provide greater transparency to the overall organization.
- BS in math, statistics, computer sciences, data management, or related field
- Minimum of 7 years' experience working in Healthcare data management / data governance
- Minimum of 10 years' experience work in data / information
- Data Governance Application Experience for one of the following:
- Development methodologies including: Agile/Waterfall/Lean/Six Sigma
- JIRA / Kanban / TFS
- Development Leadership
- COLLABORATION & TRUST - Create an environment of collaboration, trust and proactive creative thinking that will earn the team a valuable seat at planning and strategy meetings.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.