Large Enterprise looking for experienced Voice Engineer
location: South Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 6pm
responsibilities: Essential Responsibilities
- Lead creation of network infrastructure designs, configurations, standards and documentation to effectively deliver network solutions
- Lead lifecycle management process to ensure clearly defined roadmaps for new technology solutions ensuring seamless transformation and adoption by the business
- Define and document technical requirements for new capabilities, working with key suppliers to solution, build and lab certify ensuring compliance with all functional, operational and business objectives. Develop proposals and communicate outcomes that address business value/risk and gain stakeholder approval.
- Collaborate closely with peer IT organizations helping to influence, guide and direct technical outcomes; ensuring mutual strategy alignment.
- Highest escalation point for critical and/or chronic incidents, provide subject matter leadership to Operations, helping to restore service.
- Key contributor in the definition and creation of new tools and automation capabilities, driving software defined capabilities that improve outcomes, minimizing risk, and promote agility.
- Provide training and technical leadership to all key stakeholder organizations ensuring successful knowledge transfer, and the ability to be self-sufficient in support of their primary roles.
- Lead/Contributor on key network projects, representing the organization and working closely with Project Managers, Operations, Business Units, Suppliers, Peer Organizations and IT stakeholders
- Ability to architect repeatable, reliable, and scalable solutions with fault tolerance, performance tuning, monitoring systems, statistics/metrics collection, and disaster recovery
qualifications: Technical Competencies and Experience
Technical certifications, strong knowledge and experience of the following network, voice and security technologies, protocols and services is highly desired:
- Minimum 5 years' Advanced experience of IP, voice/data communications technology, and/or networking /telecommunications
- Experience in one or more of the following: current telephony solutions from Microsoft, Cisco, Mitel, or Avaya; Cisco Nexus, Cisco Catalyst routing and switching.
- A strong working knowledge of Unified Communications (UC) solutions
- Cisco UCM session manager for integrating voice, video, data, and mobility products and applications
- Microsoft cloud UC solutions (SfB Online, Teams)
- Experience configuring session border controllers and media gateways from major vendors such as Cisco or Audio codes
- Knowledge of Carrier Services - SIP trunking, PSTN, PRI, POTs, WAN Circuits, MPLS, VPNS, VRFs, DWDM, Frame Relay, Point to Point, OCx, DS3, E1/T1s
- Advanced experience with SIP/RTP, WebRTC, other VoIP protocols and associated CODECs. This includes knowledge of basic SIP call flow, experience with SIP traces, reading and understanding SIP captures and knowledge of SIP protocol and flows within the SIP environment
- Must possess strong knowledge of Layer 2 and 3 internetworking technologies, such as:
- Policy-based routing and Route/Switching protocols such as BGP, OSPF, EIGRP RIP, ISIS, CEF.
- Familiarity with other network features and protocols such as spanning tree, TCP/IP V4/V6, SIP, ARP, CDP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, VTP, Etherchannel, 802.1Q trunking, MLS, HSRP, GLBP, VSS/VSL, QoS, Multicast, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, IPsec, RADIUS/TACACS+, SNMP, NTP, and HTTP
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology (IT), Computer Science, Engineering, or other technical/IT field, OR in lieu of a college at least 10+ year relevant experience
skills: Desired Characteristics
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in in support of business critical programs
- Must be able to work independently to gather requirements and translate those into solutions
- Competent in using Microsoft Office suite for effective collaboration and communications
- Strong analytical skills, able to leverage complex data to identify opportunities, recognize problems, and draw logical conclusions.
- Ability to produce and present technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel
- Good temperament, ability to manage stressful situations. Ability to provide customer-facing support in a professional manner.
- Team work; establish and maintain effective and appropriate working relationships with those contacted during the course of the work day.
- Available to work off hours during the evenings and weekends as required, sometimes with little advanced notice. Additionally, participate in a week-long on-call rotation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.