IT Project Manager Specialist
We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join Loan Advisor Business Intelligence (LA BI). Ideal candidate has extensive experience modeling and wrangling data (structured and unstructured), in-depth knowledge of database architecture, and enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up all in support of analytic and reporting applications. The Data Engineer will support our BI developers and data/business analysts on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. Knowledge of Hadoop based platform a must.
location: Mc Lean, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $72 - 80 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Perform complex data analysis, including query optimization
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Develop and implement ETL processes, reports and queries in support of business analytics
Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working a variety of databases technologies (Oracle, MySQL, JDBC, NoSQL)
- Experience building and optimizing 'big data (Hadoop)' data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience shredding XML/JSON files
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Effective organization skills with attention to detail
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of R, Python, or other ETL tools
- Knowledge of Tableau and/or MicroStrategy a plus.
- Familiarity with Secondary Mortgage Market
skills: SQL knowledge and experience ,Oracle, MySQL, JDBC, NoSQL,Hadoop,Knowledge of R, Python, or other ETL tools ,Knowledge of Tableau and/or MicroStrategy a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.