Randstad Technologies is looking for a talented Systems Engineer for a client in Santa Monica. The client is a small international consulting company within the spaces of technology and design. The Systems Engineer should be proficient in cloud/web applications, architectures, automation and CI systems. The Systems Engineer is a central role to the Engineering Group which collaborates with various departments to ensure best-inclass tooling, environments, solutions, and performance.
location: Santa Monica, California
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9am to 6pm
- Enable development team to build and deploy our applications from code to production and internal environments
- Standardize, automate, and document setup of development and production environments
- Helps architect and implement solutions that solve complicated application challenges around performance, scaling, and security
- Instrument monitoring solutions to gain insight into application performance and understand emerging issues
- Maintains deployment software and tools working closely with developers to ensure on time delivery of services
- Participate in client facing meetings to present solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, and/or related experience
- 3-5 years experience in a Systems Engineering/DevOps role
- Experience with CI/CD systems (Jenkins) as well as repository managers (Nexus)
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud/web services including AWS, Azure, Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, Docker, IIS, Rackspace)
- Experience with source control management and merge strategies (GIT)
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration (CentOS, Ubuntu, Arch
- Experience with build tools and task managers (Gradle, Maven)
- Experience with ticketing platforms and wikis (Jira, Jira Agile, Confluence)
- Knowledge of networking (load balancing, TCP/IP, SSL, DNS, VPN/Network Security)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Proven communications skills including technical writing and presentation
- Pluses: o experience with SQL and NoSQL (MySQL, MS SQL, Postgres, MongoDB) o knowledge of infrastructure and automation tools such as Ansible, SaltStack, and Terraform
skills: Other Qualifications
- Good communication - the role is client-facing
- Solutions-oriented with a strong capacity to problem-solve
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.