One of our Austin clients has an interim need for a motivated, results-oriented security professional. This is an awesome opportunity for a security professional who loves to get things done, while making a major impact. This role requires initiative, drive, judgment, and finesse. The clients Enterprise Security team has an ambitious agenda. This role will drive several major projects within the organization, identify many others, and work cross-functionally to achieve the security goals of the organization. You will utilize program and project management processes and methodologies to ensure the suite of projects are delivered on time, within a set budget, to high-quality standards, and meet customer expectations. You will work with a global, cross functional team including but not limited to information security, engineering, IT, Internal Audit, communications, and various vendors to deliver on the objectives of the program. This role is for 3 to 4 months to cover the leave of a critical staff member.
location: Austin, Texas
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- You will define the solutions to ensure secure implementation of our third parties. This is part of a larger pilot to change how we are addressing third party security.
- You will research and advise on emerging risks.
- You will help us to establish and measure relevant security metrics.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience working in Security or related fields
- You focus on outcomes, are a self-starter and able to deal with ambiguity
- You have excellent judgment and be able to work with people at all levels and functions within an organization
- You have a solid understanding of information security principles and technologies. Experience with architecture is a plus
- You have mastered executive-level communication to deliver the highest quality presentations
- You have strong vendor management capabilities
- You are confident with the ability to challenge executive decisions
- You are politically astute to facilitate and achieve outcomes
- You have a Security Certification(s) (CISSP, CISM, CISA, GSEC, or other)
- You have process improvement experience
skills: Security, CISSP, CISM, CISA, GSEC
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.