Our Client is seeking a Lead Software Developer
to work an exciting project in Downtown Chicago. You will lead and have hands on experience in creating best in class developer portal with best developer experience for API consumption. This role is highly collaborative and will be responsible for fast paced delivery of enterprise initiatives. You will contribute vision and technical guidance to help steer the strategic direction of Our Clients eveloper Portal.
location: Chicago, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $80 - 85 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Own and lead Our Clients API portal web application,
- Work closely with product manager in delivering best in class API portal,
- Contributing to the creation of epics, features, and stories
- Adhering to agile methodology, overseeing all development efforts to include application design, continuous integration, continuous delivery and test automation,
- Foster strong creativity, innovation and presentation skills within the team,
- Act in a technical leadership capacity by mentoring and guiding less experienced developers and new team members,
- Monitoring and managing the State of Health of developer portal which includes (and not limited to) application performance, redundancy, system utilization, and capacity (future) planning,
- Lead design Pattern development to support Test-Driven Development (TDD) and/or Behavior Driven Development (BDD).
Preferred skills & qualifications
- 10+ years of software development experience
- Experience with automation for testing, continuous integration, code coverage, and build processes
- 5+ years of experience in leading enterprise applications and teams
- 5+ years of experience in designing, coding, and testing applications using Java, Unix/Linux, Perl and C
- 3+ years' experience in API management, building APIs on API platforms like Apigee, API Connect, CA, WSO2 or MuleSoft.
- 3+ years' experience in API development using REST/JSON, SOAP/XML, Web services
- 3+ years' experience in content management systems
- Strong workflow knowledge of APIs and SDKs
- Experience in gateway and integration technologies (file, API, SOAP and RESTful JSON Web Services, JWT, Web Service Security).
- 2+ years working with Relational Databases such as Oracle, DB2, etc.
- Agile-based Team Development and Continuous Deployment Methodology.
- Technical knowledge of financial card services applications
- Experience with DevOps (Jenkins, Maven)
- Strong agile/scrum development experience
Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical discipline from an accredited institution or equivalent experience.
- Strong problem-solving skills, strong coaching /mentoring skills
- Demonstrate planning and execution ability
- Self-starter and ability to lead in cross functional team environment
- Strong collaboration and communication skills within distributed project teams
- Work effectively under pressure, independently, and within a collaborative team-oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making.
- Experience working with remote and offshore development teams
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.