The Engineering Data Analyst will identify and implement changes to existing processes,metrics, and systems in support of optimizing engineering organizational efficiencies to achieve product delivery targets. Working as a member of the Engineering Operations team, the analyst will work closely with global senior leaders and staff to identify actionable metrics, audit points, source data, develop reporting and analytics, and monitor key performance indicators and metrics. The analyst must be a self- starter, an advocate of change, possess strong verbal and written communication skills and be willing to engage functional teams across the global organization.
location: Newton Center, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 6pm
- Partner with the various Engineering disciplines and cross-functional teams to identify, analyze and report on short-term and long-term key operational performance metrics.
- Design and build automated, dashboards and reports that enable the Engineers to access, explore and monitor their data.
- Implement self-service tools for dashboards and reporting.
- Train and support the Engineering team in the use of self-service data exploration and visualization tools.
- Analyze variability from trends; exploring data and communicating findings to influence strategies and behaviors.
- Implement new data analysis methodologies.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis as necessary.
- Source data across various repositories and planforms, internal and cloud.
- Research and implement new systems and tools.
- Analyze license requirements for new and existing software systems.
- Masters or bachelor's degree in Business/Finance, Industrial Engineering, Engineering, or Data Science
- 2+ years' experience in data management, business/engineering analysis, creative problem solving
- Excellent conceptual and analytical reasoning competencies
- Strong communication written & oral communication skills
- Data Analysis using statistics and probability concepts
- Experience analyzing structured and unstructured data
- SQL knowledge
- Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access and Outlook
- DOMO knowledge strongly preferred
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment
- Some travel required, may include international travel
skills: Data Management
Microsoft excel, Powerpoint, access, outlook
Strong communication written & oral communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.