Our client is seeking a motivated Middleware Systems Administrator with 6 years of Experience in Middleware servers - WebSphere Application server, WebSphere/ActiveMQ, CTG, JBoss EAP, Jetty, Apache Tomcat and HTTP Server, IIS server
location: Fort Worth, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
education: High School
Installs, configures, integrates, maintains and troubleshoots Middleware tools, i.e WebSphere Application server, WebSphere/ActiveMQ server, CTG, Jboss EAP, Kubernetes, Docker, Azure Kubernetes Service, Tomcat, Apache HTTP server and IIS environments on Windows and Unix platforms.
Establish workflows, automate and troubleshoot code deployment and release process using DevOps tools such (Ansible, Jenkins, Maven, GIT, uDeploy, Nexus, Sonar, etc) and scripting languages (Shell scripting, Python, Powershell, etc.)
Provides technical support to the application developers for the development, QA and production environments for a variety of business systems.
Interfaces and assists development teams and other IT groups to gather the infrastructure and middleware requirements in the analysis, design and deployment of business solutions that utilize the Middleware platforms and automate systems using DevOps.
Serves as a liaison between the development teams and Infrastructure teams as it relates to the web based applications.
Effectively maintains all application servers by performing maintenance to include patching and upgrades as necessary.
Ensures application server security integrity by reviewing and implementing policies within the system.
Monitors availability of the application servers and optimizes configurations to provide appropriate performance and availability.
Develops and sets standards for supporting Middleware and DevOps.
Rotating On-Call for Production support.
Mentors less experienced team members.
High School Diploma or GED required. A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science plus six years related IT experience; or equivalent combination of education or experience preferred.
6 years of Experience in Middleware servers - WebSphere Application server, WebSphere/ActiveMQ, CTG, JBoss EAP, Jetty, Apache Tomcat and HTTP Server, IIS server
3 years Experience in DevOps tools - Jenkins, Maven, Ant, GIT, SVN, uDeploy etc
Experience with general web technologies (webservers, load balancers, databases, ldap, http protocol, JAVA, html, SSL etc). General scripting or coding experience. Experience with DevOps tools and technologies. JVM experience with performance tuning, troubleshooting, general design principals. Integrating application servers and MQ. Developing, testing and maintaining business continuity strategies relating to the application server environment.
Experience with performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Experience in Websphere Application Server and WebSphere/ActiveMQ.
- Experience in JBoss EAP.
- Experience in Apache Tomcat and Apache HTTP Server.
- Experience in Jenkins and GIT
- Experience in UNIX and Windows OS for troubleshooting.
- Experience in Scripting (Shell, Jython, Powershell etc).
- Knowledge of JAVA, J2EE, JMS programming.
- Knowledge of Content Management, like Adobe Experience Manager, a plus.
- Knowledge of Cloud (e.g. AWS, Azure) and Containers (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes) a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills and multitasking ability.
- Strong attention to detail skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams with a collaborative interpersonal style.
- Good verbal and written communications skills with the ability to effectively document procedures.
- Ability to work weekends and after business hours.
- Possess accurate keyboarding proficiency.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.