This is a great opportunity to work at an enterprise level organization on large scale voice carrier projects! In this role, you'll be handling installation and migrations of voice carriers. This includes pre-installation and post-installation activities (i.e. create carrier inventories, create/submit port orders, submit disconnect requests for carrier services, track to ensure disconnected services are removed from billing). The position will report directly to the Sr. Telecom Manager for support and task priority planning. The position will also interface with the Telecom Invoice Processing Coordinator and various carrier account representatives for tracking and verifying disconnected/terminated legacy carrier services cease from billing on a timely basis.
location: Madison, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $27 - 32 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Creation of voice carrier inventories as new sites/offices are identified as projects for Move, Add, Change (Consolidate/Delete) activity. Gather recent invoice copies and CSR documentation to create. Validate against "Current State" documentation, "C3" workbooks, and existing carrier inventories.
- Create port orders for migrating services to an alternate carrier. Submit the port orders and track closely to investigate rejections and ensure acceptance.
- Submit disconnect requests for legacy voice carrier and supporting services (hardware rentals, hardware maintenance), and track to ensure removal from billing. Validate services to be disconnected against services ported.
- Work with the Sr. Telecom Manager, Telecom and vendor Project Managers and Analysts.
- Work with the Invoice Processing Coordinator and carrier and vendor representatives.
- Maintain documentation to trach the disconnect orders, and removal from billing. Submit disputes when appropriate (i.e. disconnected carrier services still billing after bill-end date).
- BA or BS in a computer-related field, or equivalent system administration certification & experience
- Proficient experience with the Microsoft Office product suite
- General knowledge of cloud-based VoIP, T1/PRI, analog, POTS, Centrex
skills: - Proficient in the use of advanced spreadsheet tools used to manipulate data and create reports and models.
- 2-5 years Telecommunications experience with creating carrier inventories and auditing carrier billing.
- Proficient in documenting and tracking tasks and achieving progress and timely completion of assigned goals and objectives.
- This person should be able to work unsupervised most of the time, think analytically and systematically. The ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and communicate effectively.
- Works well with others and be a team player.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze carrier invoices and charges.
- Demonstrated competence to select work methods or procedures when given latitude of alternatives in carrying out tasks.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.