job summary: Our client is currently seeking a Senior Application Software Engineer (Data Analytics) for a 6+ month contract opportunity located in Rancho Cordova, CA; St Louis, MO; Charlotte, NC; or Buffalo, NY.
Position Purpose: Design, build, test and maintain scalable and stable off the shelf application or custom built technology solutions to meet business needs. Act as a subject matter expert for Data Analysts.
- Contribute to the entire implementation process including driving the definition of improvements based on business need and architectural improvements.
- Meet with business partners to understand business needs.
- Responsible for the overall design of the solution
- Design, build and test applications
- Conduct root cause analysis and advanced performance tuning for complex business processes
- Provide advanced support for business operations in all or some of the following areas: claims, provider data, member data, clinical data, HEDIS, pharmacy, external reporting
- Extract load, model and reconcile large amounts of data across multiple system platforms and sources
- Assist management in driving business decisions based on data
- Assist with training and mentoring other Data Analysts
location: Rancho Cordova, California
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 55 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- MicroStrategy platform experience inclusive of Dossiers, Visual Insights and Mobile app development
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of SQL and data warehousing concepts
- Ability to use presentation, word processing, and database or spreadsheet software
- Demonstrated knowledge of the MicroStrategy platform including Intelligence server, web server.
- Possesses strong oral and written communication skills, clearly and accurately communicating complex and/or technical information to both technical and nontechnical audiences
- Self-motivated; able to work within a project based environment
- Ability to work in a team environment
- 3-5 years MicroStrategy platform experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of related experience. Healthcare experience strongly preferred, requires demonstrated understanding of business process as it relates to experience in the field.
skills: Required Skills:
- SQL (including functions, stored procedures, etc.), ETL Tools, Teradata or other relational database system (RDBMS).
- Advanced knowledge of Enterprise Reporting and Analysis tools, Microsoft Visual Studio, SQL Server Management Studio, SSIS/SSRS, VB Scripting, PowerShell, Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Access.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.